- Global leader in heavy industry
- HR business partner attitude in an industrial environment
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in heavy industry with multi-sites operations in Lombardy.
The HR Director will align business objectives with employee and management in designated operating units and will serve as a strategic partner to management on Human Resource related issues.
The person in the role will be a change agent, quickly and sustainable developing trust of managers and employees. In addition, he/she will supervise and lead the implementation of major corporate and HR initiatives such as roll out of new policies and systems.The main tasks will be:
- Supervise and be responsible for all daily HR-related activities in the manufacturing plants and in developing and executing plans to meet business objectives and customer requirements;
- Supervise main processes like recruiting, talent development, performance management, legal HR and contracts, trade unions relations;
- Lead day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, employee investigations and disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Recruits, selects, and hires personnel
- Identifies and supports training needs
- Be a Change Agent and lead change management processes on both sides;
- Work close with regional peers;
- Present HR updates and manage follow-ups and communications;
- Support in dept staff meetings and follow up on HR action items;
- Lead and solve employee relations issues & works council topics;
- Address employee comp and benefit issues and work out solutions;
- Lead succession planning within department as part of plant-wide initiative;
- Lead regular HR meetings and own HR projects within the Country;
- Oversees one or more of the following areas for the plants, serving as a subject matter expert and coordinates and consults on plant-wide activities;
- act as a BP for the rest of the management team on the strategic inputs to improve operations and personnel processes and performances.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. degree required; MBA or advanced degree is desirable;
- Proven experience in a leading HR position within manufacturing environments;
- Good capability in trade unions relation management;
- Ability in working relationships (colleagues, clients and suppliers) a a multinational organisation;
- Goal oriented, high achiever and strong analytic skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal reasoning skills;
- Fluency in English and Italian.
What's on Offer
Good career chance in a multinational organisation.