Opportunity to drive Structural change
Full responsibility across all HR related topics
About Our Client
My client is a leading Shoe Company and Retailer with multiple brands underneath their holding company. With outsourced manufacturing across the Asia region, they are going organically but also through M&A activity. They have had excellent growth in the last few years and this position will be key to continuing that growth and ensuring world class process and procedures are implemented.
As the HR Director for Asia, you will be responsible for initially looking at the current organisation structure and, working closely with the senior leadership team in APAC as well as the Global President, working out how the current structure needs to be aligned and then looking at the future growth and how this will impact personnel. Other responsibilities include:
- Looking after the current recruitment team and process and working with the VP in US on how to best implement PSL agreements as well as confidential searches.
- Looking at the overall compensation and benefits packages at differing levels within the business and aligning these correctly as well as researching in the market to benchmark with your competitors.
- Working closely with the business leaders to identify succession planning while looking at under performance and how to best utilise individual talent across the business.
- Set up clear systems and technology for the administrative areas of the business such as transportation, administrative expenses and accommodation.
- Working closely with the legal department to ensure all employment laws are being upheld and any areas of discrepancy are dealt with.
- Setting up the Employee Relationship Management process and how this will impact the business.
Above all, you will be a leader within the business, expected to give opinions and ideas on the overall direction of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful HR Director will have a full function HR background, having dealt with all areas of the subject in leading organisations. You will have managed medium sized teams in the past and have a track record of driving strategy and implementing across the Asia/APAC region. Other attributes include:
- Best practice background in Performance Appraisal and Management; working out with the senior leadership the key areas to be assessing and how to ensure this is utilised correctly.
- Experience of leading teams in the past across all areas of HR and a real knowledge of HR practices across a number of different APAC countries.
- Experience of dealing with complex working environments and a background of dealing with overseas offices.
- Ideally a background from the Footwear industry or from a Sourcing or Product Development business.
- Degree Qualified.
- Mandarin and English language skills
You will have a track record of success and able to show significant improvements and achievements in your previous career. You will also have a very collaborative personality, able to deal with people at all levels of the business.
What's on Offer
A great chance to make an impact in a multinational organisation who are going through significant growth