- Values driven business
- Leading the Performance Minerals segment's largest Hub.
About Our Client
Imerys is a world leader in mineral-based specialties, oﬀering high value-added solutions to many diﬀerent industries, ranging from process manufacturing to consumer goods. With over 16000 employees delivering a valued service to 15000 customers in 142 countries, Imerys is a truly global business.
Imerys offers value-add solutions for diverse markets that contribute essential properties and performance to their customers' products. The ambition of Imerys is simple - they want to unlock the sustainable potential of minerals and recognise the need to act rapidly to provide solutions to the environmental and social challenges facing the world. Imerys is focussed on the empowerment of it's people, caring for the planet and building for the future.
Imerys is a market-focussed organisation split into 2 segments - Performance Minerals and High Temperature Materials and Solutions.
The UK Hub is part of the Performance Minerals EMEA Business Area - the scope of which is 80 sites in 24 countries with over 3700 employees.
The UK Hub involves 4 geographic locations across the UK (Cornwall, Dorset, Devon/Plymouth, Staffordshire/Stoke On Trent) with 12 active kaolin/ball clay mine sites, 3 kaolin refiners, 3 thermal kaolin dryers, 2 ball clay processing plants, 4 kaolin secondary processing plants & Port together with the Quality control and management function.
The Hub Director - UK leads Operations activities as well as Real Estate Management made up of several plants and mines with the purpose of:
- Ensuring a safe environment with a 0 accidents target continually improving the safety culture.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring, empowering and developing your team of highly valued and skilled individuals.
- Reaching the highest levels of customer satisfaction: delivering products on time and within the expected high quality standards.
- Effective Real Estate Management including decommissioning, restoration and management of legacy non-operational sites together with overseeing the relationships with stakeholders such as JV partners, communities & relevant authorities whilst developing new income streams via creative use of extensive land-holding.
- Together with the business and team ensuring financial and operational objectives are met/improved within an agreed annual budget and mid-term plan in line with IMERYS standards from both a compliance and regulatory perspective.
- Developing and supporting the Hub Industrial plan in coordination with key stakeholders and with the support of the Imerys Center of Expertise.
- Leading Hub operations optimisation to address competitiveness / demand requirements, incl. capex execution (debottlenecking, extension), flexibility and reduction of lead-times, productivity / energy consumption, maintenance, cost reduction / continuous improvement (I-Cube) programs, in coordination with Imerys / BA Center of Excellence.
- Ensuring mine balance & implementation of Life of Mine plan developed with / by Imerys Geology experts
As the Hub Director - UK, you will also be appointed a Director of Imerys Minerals Limited, ReClaym Ltd as well as other smaller entities. Responsibilities will include Safety Director, Contract signing, legal compliance and annual accounts approval. You will also liaise with Trade Unions, various External stakeholders as well as being the 'Face of the Company' in the local area.
The Successful Applicant
As the Hub Director - UK, you will be a proven leader and ambassador for the business in the local area. You will have an outstanding track record of success in delivering results through the empowerment of your people, focus on sustainability and ability to meet and exceed the expectations of the customer in a manner supportive of the business' wider purpose and objectives.
Key selection criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- Educated to a high level in either industrial, mechanical, process or mining engineering.
- Extensive and proven experience in Operations Management and Operational Excellence program management, ideally within the mineral extractive industry or an industry with complex processing units and an absolute focus on safety.
- Proven track record of success within Safety, Production, Quality, Process, CAPEX, OPEX thanks to a solid and significant hands-on experience within a multi-site industrial or a large and complex single site environment.
- Significant achievements through effective leadership in cost reduction and productivity gains by promoting a continuous improvement mindset.
- An empowering leadership style that focusses on the ability to lead self and others, communicate and collaborate at all levels, deliver results and drive improvements.
- Ability to attract and develop professional teams.
- Proven ability to manage financial aspects of the role including budgeting, cost control and capital expenditure.
- Customer-centric approach with an entrepreneurial flair.
Imerys is an equal opportunities employer and will ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
What's on Offer
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a high performance business led well on it's pillars of empowerment of people, caring for the planet and building for the future. As well as a challenging and rewarding role, you will be living in one of the most picturesque and safest parts of the UK. The financial rewards are excellent too with a highly competitive basic salary as well as a very strong performance related bonus, company car allowance, pension and other benefits. Imerys will provide very good levels of financial support to help you comfortably relocate to the local area.