- Human Resources Manager
- Established growing manufacturing business.
About Our Client
Established international manufacturing business.
To help the employer reach their goals we are looking for hand on HR leader to join their team in Truro, NS in the role of HR Manager. The HR Manager will provide a full range of strategic and operational Human Resources support to both the hourly associates and the salaried team in the Truro facility. The incumbent will be responsible for providing front-line day to day operational support, providing coaching, support and direction in all HR functional areas. This diverse role offers the opportunity to learn our business and lay the foundation for a challenging and rewarding career within an international manufacturing business .
- Promotes a positive work environment and people-focused programs and processes that fosters continuous development and positive employee relations.
- Directs and coordinates human resources activities in compliance with company philosophy, objectives, and legal requirements.
- Provides effective and tactical counsel to operations management and actively work to achieve continuous improvement in all areas of the Human Resources function.
- Participates in the overall management of the plant as a member of the site staff.
- Leads all HR activities for the Truro site including but not limited to recruitment and retention, employee relations, training, compensation and benefits administration, organizational development, and employee engagement activities.
- Ensure ongoing review, updating and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Assist Hiring Managers to plan and execute hiring, orientation and on boarding activities.
- Provide coaching and advice to Supervisors and hourly associates on Human Resources processes and policies.
- Support plant safety initiatives and champion safety within the facilities.
- Supports payroll for the salaried group.
- Provide HR support to our Delta, BC plant as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Essential - 5 years plus progressive Human Resources Management leadership experience in manufacturing, shipping, supply chain or construction.
- Undergraduate degree in in a related field
- Completed or working towards a CHRP/CPHR designation is preferred.
- Coach / mentor
- Strong, interpersonal, coaching and influencing skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable legislation and its applications.
- A demonstrated change agent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent attention to details, follow-up and organizational skills.
- team builder
- Conflict resolution skills, with the ability to gain trust and work through others to achieve goals
- Strong problem-solving capability
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application.
What's on Offer
An established growing international manufacturing business with interesting people development projects offers a market leading package and benefits.