Human Resources Manager - Construction - Beltsville, MD
Based in Beltsville, MD
#1 HR position within a Construction firm.
About Our Client
Construction firm in Beltsville, MD.
The Human Resources Manager's main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the HR Department, including Department and Compliance Calendars, meeting all associated deadlines with accurate information and minimal oversight
- Administering Compensation, Benefit, and Retirement Plans
- Conducting employee onboarding and offboarding, following checklists.
- Help plan training and development
- Lead the performance management and goal setting processes for the company
- Lead the talent acquisition and recruitment process
- Manage department employees, if applicable
Administer compensation, benefit, and retirement plans (including required mailings and compliance action items)
- Conduct employee onboarding and help plan training & development
- Employee Relations and Retention: Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, compensation, benefit enrollment, etc.
- Resolve employee issues and document problems (terminations, progressive discipline, prepare unemployment filings)
- Payroll: Ensure employees enter time and inform management if PTO balances will go negative
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics - provide reports to management in requested format
- Culture: Enhance Edifice company culture by planning All Hands Event Meetings, Birthday Celebrations, Etc., using Budget Provided by Accounting
- Talent Acquisition: Lead talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Comply with local/state/federal legal requirements, study new legislation as it comes out, to include AA/EEO and OFCCP compliance
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies and special projects as needed.
Submit your resume mtoday for consideration within 24 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field. Additional HR training will be a plus.
Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. Payroll Networks iSolved) will be a plus
- Excellent communication, people, and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Experience with the following greatly preferred but not essentail: ACA, SPD, Open Enrollment, AAPs, OSHA Forms, Exempt versus Non-Exempt, Benefits.
What's on Offer
- $ 70,000 to $ 80,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme