Human Resources Manager - Professional Services - Boston, MA
Based in Downtown Boston, in close proximity to South Station
Global professional services firm
About Our Client
My client is a Boston based professional services firm with offices across the globe. This role is based in Downtown Boston, in close proximity to South Station.
This role will join the dynamic Boston Human Resources team and be responsible for all aspects of HR for the Boston office. This role is also part of the broader East Coast Human Resources team. This role reports into the East Coast HR Director.
The HR Manager serves a critical role, responsible for the management and implementation of key HR initiatives relating to a wide range of HR specialisms, including compensation, benefits, learning and development, resource planning, and talent acquisition. The HR Manager will work with global functional experts, regional HR Directors and key local stakeholders to implement firm-wide initiatives and ensure successful adaptation by local offices.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional as you will manage a varied workload, ranging from day to day queries from employees and line managers, dealing with a diverse array of HR matters and leading the resolution of employee relations issues. You will be given the opportunity to work on a range of projects, and work alongside regional and global HR colleagues on projects such as the annual compensation review and benefits enrollments, and talent acquisition and management strategies.
Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Accountable for all aspects of HR activities for the region
- Regional HR Team alignment: active participant in the regional HR team to enable full understanding of all strategies, activities and initiatives and be accountable for delivery and articulation of these for the local practice
- Learning and development: promoting L&D within the office; conducting and organizing training, managing any local or regional required professional development; proactively identifying training needs and leveraging the global L&D resources to provide appropriate training solutions
- Total Rewards: working with the regional HR Director and global Total Rewards network to benchmark and ensure competitive practices, seek out innovations, and implement programs, including stakeholder engagement.
- Accountable for the annual performance management and compensation review process, including close liaison with the wider HR team and Total Rewards to ensure the activities align to global Firm objectives
- Talent Acquisition: working closely with internal regional Talent Acquisition Team to identify and hire the best available talent, and ensure close involvement in the recruitment processes, including sourcing, scheduling, and interviewing candidates where required
- Building employer brand presence via LinkedIn and other online platforms, promoting the firm
- Resource Management: engaging with the Resource Management team on a project basis, including contributing to wider firm objectives
- Proactive coaching and advising managers on day to day employee issues, including the ability to provide appropriate challenge
- Advising people managers on managing under-performance, including performance improvement plans and other appropriate tools and policies
- Advising line managers in relation to local and global Firm policies and procedures
- Managing complex employee relations matters, including keeping up to date with relevant local and regional employment law
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and managing expectations with stakeholders, including Partners, leaders, people managers, and employees
- Handling HR matters consistently and in accordance with legal requirements, policies, and procedures
- Accountable for ad hoc tasks and projects under direction from the regional HR Director
- Managing HR Specialist/s, including performance reviews, development, coaching, etc, where appropriate.
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours of resume submission. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted by Tom Smith at Michael Page in Boston.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- 5+ years of HR generalist experience, preferably in a global organization
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Ideally, the successful candidate will come from a Professional Services background
- Able to work as part of the wider regional and global HR teams, as well as autonomously
- Employee relations experience essential
- Ability to work full time, in Downtown Boston.
What's on Offer
- Compensation of $ 100,000 to $ 110,000
- No bonus
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- 401K plan and contributions
- Collaborative, team orientated environment, with a strong corporate culture and collective mission
- Downtown Boston working location.
Please note that flexible working hours/ work from home is not available with this opportunity. Please do not apply if you are in search of this.