- Focus on digitization of tax reporting, e-invoicing and e-accounting systems
- Remote role spanning a broad & diverse region
About Our Client
Our client is a large international company providing B2B services across the globe. They are seeking to recruit a Regional Indirect Tax Manager who will focus on the digitization of their tax reporting, e-invoicing and e-accounting systems, as well as manage tax compliance across various markets.
This is an excellent individual contributor role for an enthusiastic tax professional who will enjoy working remotely who will thrive in driving change and interacting with stakeholders across the region. Prior experience in taking part in an ERP system implementation from the tax side will be a strong asset.
This is a remote role and can be located in a number of countries across Europe including Spain, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland.
- Work in co-operation with local Finance and IT teams to manage the introduction of electronically submitted or pre-approved invoicing and transactional electronic reporting
- Support IT with definition of local compliance requirements, help to build complex VAT rules in condition tables and be actively involved in the up-date or new integration of a tax engine in the ERP system and other software tools
- Partner with Business Directors and Finance teams to understand business models, ERP, both accounting and indirect tax reporting tools and identify any gaps to local requirements or inefficiencies
- Manage and supervise indirect tax compliance activities, including with external consultants as applicable)
- Manage or Support local indirect tax audits
- Work with Business Directors and support cross-border tenders with indirect tax knowledge
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level in Economics or a similar subject
- Previous experience of working in a regional indirect tax role
- Background of working within accounting or finance will be an advantage
- Keen interest in digitization and how the financial industry can utilize new technology
- Understanding of indirect tax and ERP systems
- Experience in working with ERP implementations from the tax side will be a strong asset
- Practical experience in working with indirect tax in a number of countries in scope
- Fluency in English
What's on Offer
- Possibility to work remotely from most locations in Europe