- Role can be based from anywhere on the East Coast
- Working closely with offices in Boston and Europe
About Our Client
My client is a global information, data and analytics business headquartered in Europe. They have a small hub in Boston, MA but this role can be based anywhere along the East Coast. The are working with Michael Page exclusively to fill this position.
Reporting directly into the US Finance Manager, who is also based remotely in the US, this role is an excellent role for someone with relevant experience. We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Industrial Commodities Analyst to join our proprietary Commodity Insights Team. Ideally, you will come from an established Price Reporting Agency (PRA), commodities news reporting agency, or large user of industrial commodities, and be experienced in working with price assessment methodologies, commodity specifications and IOSCO-compliant price reporting processes. You will need to be highly numerate with excellent analytical and communication skills and enjoy interaction with traders, producers and manufacturers in the industrial commodities value chain. The Industrial Market Commodity Analyst will be working closely with other members of the global Commodity Insight Team. Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Increase the number of reports and price assessments published in the industrial commodity sector such as metals, energy, plastics, packaging and chemicals.
- Build and grow the number of industry contacts in the industrial sector that submit pricing data and insights using all means of communication including face-to-face meetings and networking.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals, supply chain and key participants for the industrial commodity markets.
- Collect transactional market insights as well as pricing data that will be relevant to publishing reports, and news stories or assess in line with a robust methodology, price specifications and IOSCO-compliant principles.
- Write regular pricing rationales, reports and analytical pieces.
- Handle questions from contacts and the market about the dynamics of particular pricing, seeking guidance from your manager when inquiries are sensitive, to make our processes and judgement transparent to the market.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year of experience working with industrial commodities such as metals, energy, chemicals, pulp & paper, or similar.
- A strong understanding of what impacts physical commodity prices, with experience in fundamentals analysis and report-writing, as well as a knowledge of incoterms, trade flows and value chains.
- A high standard of written work and ability to summarize complex topics for a broad audience.
- Highly numerate with a keen eye for detail; very comfortable using MS Excel as well as performing various types of data analysis.
- Knowledge of hedging and financial risk management of commodities.
- Experience of working independently, with a self-starter attitude that is well-served in growing and maintaining a network of industry contacts for market knowledge and price collection.
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $ 70,000
- Performance related annual bonus scheme (10%)
- Competitive PTO
- Excellent benefits
- 100% REMOTE WORK