- Leading Not for Profit Organisation
- Opportunity to make a significant impact
About Our Client
My client is a leading Not for Profit organisation.
As the Interim Commercial Director, you will be responsible for supporting the development of my client's commercial strategy and execution. This will include areas such as Contract Management, Bids and Tenders, Procurement and IT Transformation.
Further responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Support the business in strategic matters including the pursuit of opportunities that increase EBITDA opportunities for the organisation.
- Support with contractual variations of existing contracts
- Accountable for the day-to-day commercial matters on existing contracts including tracking the contract obligations and opportunities with key contracts
- Monitor public sector and other commissioning portals to bring future opportunities to the awareness of the Executive Team
- Provide support on all commercial aspects of Joint Venture contracts managing risks, issues, and contractual opportunities.
- Provide support in relation to mergers and acquisitions
- Accountable for achieving value and savings through efficient and effective procurement and purchasing of goods and services through tenders and contract management
- Accountable for contract negotiation and terms on new contracts for goods and services including those as part of our digital transformation strategy e.g., replacement of legacy systems.
- Lead a cross-functional team that responds on new bids and tenders including grant applications such as tenders by Local Authorities on new services
- Be an active member of the Change Management Board providing feedback on procurement activities in relation to new projects as well as commercially reviewing business cases that are presented in support of new projects.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a proven Commercial leader who can add value to the organisation from day one. You will have a proven track record of success delivering commercial excellence across Bid Management, Contracts Management and Procurement Management. A background in Procurement is essential. Further selection criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- Experience working in a legal/commercial and contract management role meeting the requirements of the job description
- Experience of leading a procurement function including soft market testing, RFI, RFP and contract negotiation and award
- Demonstrable experience of leading and achieving successful bids to tenders
- Significant working knowledge of Consumer Contracts Regulations
- Extensive practical experience of contract law and its application (in relation to commercial contracts)
- Significant experience on financial modelling to support commercial decision making
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills of contracts with attention to detail
- The ability to manage and interpret contracts
- The ability to interpret legislation and regulations and communicate in a simplified form
- The ability to lead the resolution of complex contract disputes
- Experience of structuring, negotiating, and managing supplier contracts
What's on Offer
The minimum expected contract length will be 6 months for this role which is inside IR35. A highly competitive day rate or FTC will be paid. My client operated a Hybrid working model with the expectation of 2 days per week in the office situated in the Oxfordshire region.