- The business is undergoing significant change and transformation.
- Hybrid working practices in place
About Our Client
A high-growth central government department.
- Communicating between the technical and the non-technical makes complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences.
- Data analysis and synthesis - Translates data into valuable insights that inform decisions.
- Involves teams in analytics and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
- Identifies and utilises the most appropriate analytical techniques.
- Collects and cleanses, synthesises and interprets data to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
- Data development process - Integrates and separates data feeds in order to map, produce, transform, and test new data products.
- Data integration design - Develops fit-for-purpose, resilient, scalable and future-proof data services to meet user needs. Has a demonstrable understanding of how to expose data from systems (for example, through APIs), link data from multiple systems and deliver streaming services.
- Data modelling - Produces data models and understands where to use different types of data models. Understands different tools and is able to compare different data models. Able to reverse engineer a data model from a live system. Understands industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards.
- Programming and build (data engineering) - Designs, writes and iterates code from prototype to production-ready. Understands security, accessibility and version control. Can use a range of coding tools and languages.
- Technical understanding (data engineering) - Has knowledge of specific technologies which underpin an individual's ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks of their role. Applies the required breadth and depth of technical knowledge.
- Testing - Plans, designs, manages, executes and reports tests, using appropriate tools and techniques, and works within regulations. Ensures risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented
The Successful Applicant
- You must have current live SC clearance.
- Experienced in information and data governance for systems.
- A strong understanding of data, and managing this in core systems within the business.
- Experience in reviewing and implementing data standards.
- A good understanding of adopting and adapting data standards in government frameworks.
- Experience with AWS and data warehouses.
- Experience with recognising and exploiting business opportunities to ensure more efficient and effective performance of organisations, exploring new ways of conducting business and organisational processes.
- Metadata management - Understands a variety of metadata management tools. Designs and maintains the appropriate metadata repositories to enable the organisation to understand its data assets.
- Problem resolution (data) - Logs, analyses and manages problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution.
What's on Offer
The role will be for 3 - 6 months and will pay between £500 - £550/day.