Interim Head of Group Business Services
Exciting opportunity to build and lead the Business Services organisation
Setting a strategy, and seeing its successful implementation
About Our Client
Our client is a non-departmental public body of the government.
- Set the strategy, provide leadership, direction and direct engagement where appropriate to ensure that the unit meets its key objectives in terms of service delivery, cost efficiency and managing business risk.
- Play a leading role in the project to establish the initial organisation including the detailed design of the operating model and the transition from the current to future state for the defined process scope including activities relating to:
- Finance - incl. Payroll and expenses, Accounts Payable, Finance system maintenance
- People - incl. HR operations, recruitment and resourcing, employee administration
- Procurement - incl. end to end cycle for low risk, low value items
- Administration - incl. diary/meeting management, travel booking and other secretarial tasks
- Transitioning the Central Business Services team (incl. elements of Finance and Project Controls) once appropriately established
- Recruit, train and motivate the team to ensure that the department has the necessary skill base and that staff are motivated and enabled to maximise their potential and contribution.
- Delivering the efficiencies committed in the Business Case
- Identify and develop service management strategies and processes to support current and future internal customer needs in an efficient, consistent and cost-effective manner. This will include partnering with internal stakeholders and their respective teams to maintain and enhance processes and ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Maintain an effective control environment for all the processes undertaken within the unit including segregation of duties, internal and external audit requirements and other key areas of compliance.
- Once the unit has been established, lead the drive for improvement in terms of cost efficiency and service. Including the optimisation of processes via standardisation, simplification and automation including digital enhancement and self-service.
- Create and enhance insightful performance metrics, progress measurement tools and insightful management information, promoting continuous improvement and process optimisation and the development of a performance improvement culture.
- Prepare and meet the annual budget and business plan of the unit and develop the expenditure plan and goal setting process across the division to ensure cost efficiency and service objectives are clearly defined and met.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of the creation and development of Group Business Services in a highly regulated and ideally unionised environment.
What's on Offer
- 12 month engagement with a competitive day rate on offer.