- Save Job
- Email job
- A unique, historic private members club are looking to appoint an interim MD
- This is a beautiful, heritage site with the capacity for commercial growth.
About Our Client
A unique, historic private members club require an interim MD/GM. This is a beautiful, heritage site with the capacity for commercial growth.
- Attend all Board meetings, Members Council meetings, Trustee meetings and other major events and functions, report as appropriate on strategy and progress on the business plan, maintaining the confidence and support of key stakeholders.
- Manage, support and work within the governance structures of the Club and Company.
- Establish and oversee the development and monitoring of personal and departmental performance targets for members of the Senior Management Team and ensure that they do the same with their staff.
- Responsible for working with the Finance Manager to ensure the overall financial planning and ongoing performance of the company.
- Monitor the company's financial performance, including cash-flow, and report to each meeting of the Board.
The Successful Applicant
- A proven track record of successful organisational leadership including the formulation of profitable strategies, policies and objectives.
- Experience of successfully establishing and sustaining a strong performance management culture that drives up standards and performance.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing change, translating organisational ambitions into real and measurable achievements.
- Experience of creating, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stake holders and gaining stake holder buy-in to achieve results and enhance performance.
- The skills to work effectively within a political environment to manage the member/staff interface, provide timely and balanced advice, and co-ordinate the work of diverse and overlapping committees of volunteers.
- The ability to provide visible and supportive leadership and to foster a positive work environment through empowering, enabling, motivating and developing others, including senior staff and all employees.
- Effective and engaging communicator with a wide variety of people, at all levels.
- The ability to influence and persuade others in order to gain trust and confidence.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion for staff, members and guests.
- Entrepreneurial skills and experience.
What's on Offer
Unique working environment.
Quote job ref
- Board Level
- Board Level Subsector
- Travel Leisure & Hospitality
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Nia Trussler
- Job reference