Internal Controls Manager - Portland
Based in downtown Portland, ME
Finance Manager level
About Our Client
My client is a diversified energy and utility company with operations across the US. They employ around 10,000 employees nationally.
This opportunity is responsible for planning and monitoring the internal control program across the business with a focus on the regulated utilities and corporate activities. This includes the oversight of the Sarbanes-Oxley internal control environment. You will be required to building strong relationships with internal auditors in addition to working closely with process owners across the business. Additional duties and responsibilities will include:
* Analyze and document the impacts of complex operations and events in US GAAP and IFRS financial statements for consideration within internal control environment
* Certification system and Internal Control system management including oversight of external and internal auditors for controls procedures
* Monitor internal control operating effectiveness and overall internal control results
* Coordination of certification processes for annual, semi-annual and quarterly accounts
* Update and maintain Internal Control Model (cycles, risks, controls)
* Build and manage strong relationships with other Control Departments.
* Deal with auditors and support their reviewing process.
* Organize & manage individual projects to enhance or support the control environment.
Apply today for consideration within 24 hours and should your resume be suitable, you can expect to be interviewed within one week of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a generous and competitive remuneration package, you will posses the following:
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years experience (ideally in an accounting related field)
- CPA (ideal but not essential)
- Significant experience with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and internal controls over financial reporting.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- 10% bonus
- Downtown Portland location