International Logistics Director--Bio-Pharma
A real global responsibility of logistics funciton
An opportunity to join in a promising start-up bio-pharma company
About Our Client
Founded by a team of world-class scientists returning to China, our client is passionate about developing transformative biologic therapies for the millions of the patients who currently do not have access to modern biological medicines. Due to their very strong and promising vaccines future, currently they are looking for a high caliber International Logistics Director with true and real global exposure to join in their business.
This role can be based in main cities in China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Singapore, Europe and USA.
The logistics department manages the company¡'s logistics operations and systems, taking into account the company¡¯s strategic objectives and annual business plan, evaluates and balances the company¡¯s logistics resources, and coordinates the smooth operation of the company¡¯s supply, sales and supporting systems.
The postholder is responsible for the development of the company¡¯s logistics strategy to meet the needs of the business. He/she must give proper oversight to all the logistics and associated operations ensuring efficiency, cost effectiveness and compliance. Of paramount importance is the leadership for the logistics function to meet customer needs, strive to improve customer satisfaction and exceed expectations of both internal and external stakeholders. It
It is essential that he/she effectively works with all aspects of the supply chain function and interfaces regularly with other departments including Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Procurement in order to distribute The company¡¯s products appropriately to The company¡¯s patients and customers with due regard to mandatory requirements, company image and cost. The postholder will maintain all records and SOP¡¯s associated with the logistics.
1. Develop and implement the company logistics strategy in line with the company¡¯s business objectives.
2. Proactively manage the company¡¯s network to provide a robust and effective logistics operation.
3. Evaluate, develop and source suitable logistics, transport and other associated providers & suppliers.
4. Develop and implement an appropriate and approved methodology for managing from inception to termination all distribution and logistics partners.
5. Lead the regular reviews of the company¡¯s logistics and distribution partners and support Quality in all audits thereof that take place.
6. Develop and manage key performance metrics including, but not limited to, OTIF, shipment cost, final mile delivery performance etc.
7. Establish the distribution & logistics budget in conjunction with finance and other stakeholders and monitor performance vs. budget.
8. Oversee the selection, deployment and management of logistics systems e.g. TMS, WMS etc.
9. Manage inventory within the the company network and any associated write-off, destruction and other related operations.
10. Oversee the company¡¯s logistics operations covering all material movements including API, DS, returns, samples as well as clinical and commercial goods.
11. Develop and manage the logistics budget and monitor spend from all logistics operations, vendors etc. to ensure value for money.
12. Oversee the development and maintenance of SOP¡¯s associated with all logistics activities.
13. Ensure all logistics operations (including those of our partners) follow the relevant SOP¡¯s to ensure EHS, Quality and Compliance
14. Generate and implement improvement actions and projects to increase customer satisfaction, company efficiency and reduce costs.
15. Oversee the logistics operations to support the Clinical IP operations
16. Provide regular and timely logistics function updates for senior management and communicate with partners as per schedules.
16. Establish the world-class practice logistics and cross functional solutions for the company¡¯s supply chain and associated operations.
17. Lead SC and/or support cross functional projects e.g. routes to market, consolidations, new market entry etc.
18. Support the SCM management team as applicable in projects and any other relevant initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor degree and/or MBA and above in a relevant discipline
Minimum of 15 years working experience in international logistics, 3PL or related discipline
Working experience in global pharmaceutical or bio-pharmaceutical company
Working experience with APAC is must, and the other region will be a big plus
Substantial 3PL and vendor management experience preferred
Pharmaceutical, biotech or life science industry experience mandatory
Effective communication skills and soft skills
Data analysis and root cause analysis skill
Familiar with SAP
Fluent in both written and spoken English, other languages a significant bonus
What's on Offer
This is a gloden opportunity for some senior candiate who still has strong passiona to chase their dream within a very promising and significantly funded by lots of famous PE/VC. My client is not only offering the world-class level of salary packaging, but also providing the opportunity and autonomy to build up the entire global logistics organization. An opportunity to be a part of the company's future IPO.