- Mid-sized firm with superior training and mentorship program
- Cravath-level compensation
About Our Client
This firm is a dream to work for and has some of the lowest attrition rates in NYC. Associates are extremely valued by their group, and feel a sense of connection with their peers and superiors. My client is one of the best mid-sized firms to work for in NYC due to their commitment to training & development, in addition to the sophisticated deals and hands-on experience.
Each associate works with particular partners who are responsible for the associate's training and growth as an attorney; this is one of the most important responsibilities of our partners. The goals of this supervision are both to instruct each associate in the day-to-day practice of law and to direct the development of the associate's areas of expertise. These goals are attained through selection of assignments, project-by-project review and constructive feedback. Formal performance reviews are conducted at least annually. Lawyers, paralegals and summer associates in each department meet regularly to discuss current developments and matters in progress.
My law firm client has an opening for an Investment Management associate with at least 3-5 years of experience. Candidates can be based out of either our New York, or Washington, D.C. Candidates are required to have broad-based experience in the investment management area and the federal securities laws. 1940 Act experience is preferred.
The Successful Applicant
- The candidate should have experience with hedge funds, and in other open- and closed-end private funds.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with funds on formation and on regulatory, and compliance matters.
- Experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and general securities matters.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, confident, personable team players, have outstanding professional and academic credentials and be admitted to practice in their respective state.
What's on Offer
- A 401(k) profit-sharing plan which includes a Firm contribution for employees who have worked with the Firm for 1 year, a benefit that is not generally offered by other law firms;
- Contributory health, dental and eye coverage;
- Firm sponsored group life insurance and additional contributory group life insurance for employee, spouse and children;
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance coverage;
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Additional contributory benefits offered through UNUM and Aflac;
- Full reimbursement for bar review and continuing legal education fees, and partial reimbursement for membership in organized bar associations.
- We supplement on-the-job training with formal seminars and training programs that are conducted periodically by each department, as well as encouraging attendance at programs provided by continuing legal education organizations. In addition, we routinely send our lawyers to industry conferences and events.