- Market Compensation
- Mid-sized firm with big-law resources and benefits, + family oriented culture
About Our Client
My law firm client has provided counsel to the investment management industry for over 70 years. Their long-standing participation in the industry coupled with their large network uniquely positions them to provide not only legal guidance, but also practical business and strategic advice to clients.
The firm is recognized for its work representing investment managers in every aspect of their business including legal, regulatory, compliance, tax, bankruptcy, employee benefits, ERISA, business transactions and more.
In addition, they represent a wide variety of institutional investors such as family offices, pension plans, endowments, sovereign wealth funds consultants and other market participants and allocators.
- The Investment Management Associate should have experience with hedge funds, and in other open & closed-end private funds. The ideal candidate will have experience working with funds on formation and on regulatory, and compliance matters. Experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and general securities matter.
The Investment Management Associate will represent all types of investment funds and products, including alternative investment funds, registered funds/mutual funds and separately managed account (SMA) products. You will work with investment managers across all asset classes and investment strategies such as hedge, private equity, credit, real estate, venture capital/growth equity, commodities, secondaries, distressed debt and other niche strategies, whether in pooled investment vehicles or SMAs. Your clients will include some of the largest, most prominent names in the industry, and range from multi-billion dollar institutional asset managers to emerging managers.
*Hybrid work environment
The Successful Applicant
- Must be barred in Washington D.C.
- 2-5 years of experience within Investment Management
- Strong academic credentials
What's on Offer
- Market pay
- Hybrid work environment
- Tight-knit and family-oriented culture
- Low deductibles