Key Account Manager
Multinational Automotive Manufacturer
Management Level Position
About Our Client
Our client is a European global manufacturer within the automotive industry.
Develops processes and procedures to optimize account management efforts and ensure sales goals (online, offline) are achieved.
* Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary resources are made to deliver required services.
* Initiates improvement in services, products, and systems.
* Expands customer buying centers and use cases, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring that all customer needs and expectations are met.
* Advises sales team on products and services and issues facing clients.
* Monitors sales results, market competitiveness, and market trends and make a recommendation when needed
* Implements client loyalty strategies in order to secure growth and future business.
* Identifies business issues and opportunities by analyzing financial and non-financial data at the transaction level in the organization.
* Performs appropriate profitability analyses and makes recommendations to support short- and long-term decisions (e.g. break-even, relevant cost, contribution margin, linear programming, sensitivity, and uncertainty analysis, etc).
- Challenges rules or practices that present inappropriate barriers to independent action and decision-making.
- Balances the workload, commitments, and priorities of Key accounts vs the company when setting expectations.
- Commercial and financial objectives are achieved
* Expresses ideas/solutions in an appropriate manner to overcome resistance, complaints, and frustration from others.
* Builds rapport with the other parties to foster positive and productive relationships.
* Effectively matches product knowledge to the implicit needs of the customer.
* Negotiates at the senior level on technical and commercial issues, to ensure that customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders understand and agree on what will meet their needs, and that appropriate service level agreements are defined.
* Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new initiatives with the organization strategies and operations (Including Online business).
- Supports business change, acting as a point of contact for Key Account stakeholders, facilitating relationships between them.
- Creates value based on shared interests to produce win-win outcomes.
- Product & Service technical knowledge
- Matches product/service to obvious customer needs.
- Locates and uses the expertise of others to improve product knowledge.
- Displays knowledge of how products/services compare with those of the competition.
- Customer Value Management
- Supports new business opportunities by developing and analyzing business cases, market strategies, deal requirements, business potential, and finances.
- Works with sales strategy and planning partners to ensure forecast accuracy, maximization of opportunities, and development of plans to deliver against the organization's objectives.
- Coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the organization.
- Monitors key performance indicators and is responsible for implementing corrective measures, when appropriate, to maximize performance and achieve revenue and operating income budget.
- Makes forecasts and revenue projections for Key accounts.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for the following:
- 5-8 years of commercial sales/key accounts on a national level experience
- Relevant sales qualification
- The automotive industry will be given first preference
- We will look at a similar industry however not open to FMCG industry
- EE candidates will be given preference however we are open to all South African candidates
- Must be able to reflect experience in a complex environment
- Must be able to network and engage with senior stakeholders at a cross-functional level
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Management experience
- Excel and presentation skills must be advanced
What's on Offer