LCM-Origination-Sustainability Finance Director
ESG, sustainable and sustainability linked financing products & advisory expert
Leading global corporate & investment bank. London.
About Our Client
Leading, global corporate & investment bank
The role of the Sustainability Finance Director is to originate, structure sustainability framework including KPI definition, coordinate, and provide guidance throughout the loan process on sustainability matters for government bodies, sponsors (as the case may be), corporates and financial institutions across EMEA.
* The Director will be responsible to develop new sustainable and sustainability linked financing products for the bank to increase product footprint and revenue sources. As Sustainable financing standards and regulation are rapidly growing, he will be a leader of the Bank to navigate those market changes.
* The Sustainability Finance Director of LCM will be the main point of contact for the RMs from various Front offices with direct responsibility to deliver Sustainability advice and products without day to day supervision.
* The Sustainability Finance Director is responsible for pitching sustainable products as the principal point of contact in LCM, with CFOs and Treasurers of large publicly quoted companies and sponsors. The Director would lead and be responsible for the sustainability part of specific deals throughout the transaction cycle in close co-operation with LCM-Origination, the front office department, as well as back office departments, Credit, Loan Distribution, Loan Execution, Loan Agency, etc
* Lead the collaboration with Headoffice on sustainable finance topics.
* Internal: Colleagues in Loan Origination, Distribution, Execution and Loan Agency, Legal, Risk Management, all front office departments in EMEA and Sustainability Department in headoffice.
* External: - the Bank's customers (Treasurer level typically), Competitors, debt investors, lenders external advisors and ESG ratings firms.
* Will have some direct report(s) within 12 months.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Attend external meetings with clients to present financing proposals as sustainability expert representative of LCM
* Drive the implementation and definition of the team strategy with regards to Sustainability matters.
* Thought leadership in preparing team marketing materials, pitch-books and reports, to ensure successful promotion of the team's activities both internally and externally.
* Attend internal meetings & develop training materials for RM to disseminate Sustainability Finance knowledge through the bank both in EMEA and in coordination with Headoffice.
* Pro-actively suggest improvements of the Bank's processes, initiatives and new products to enhance output and value-add of LCM and decrease the lead time in answers to the clients. Collaboration with RMD and CDED in the development and implementation of a sustainability finance policy review for each loan of the bank.
* Price, structure and negotiate sustainability terms directly with the client.
* Coordinating the preparation of information packages for syndication, managing deal syndication through the project cycle for sustainability related matters, to ensure that client and lender financing needs are met in the most efficient manner.
* Opine & advise on all aspects of the sustainability framework for sustainability linked loans and green loans,
* Draft and review Sustainability related clauses in documentation in cooperation with LCMX,
* Developing/maintaining market data for team use and internal reporting of market trends, to ensure that the team
* The Sustainability Finance Director will need to be one of the main guides of the bank on ESG topics, navigating through a very rapidly growing market, with developing standards and regulations. Promoting the Bank's sustainable ambitions and gaining market share while keeping an eye on reputational risk will be its main challenges.
The Successful Applicant
* Proven track record of sustainable financing and sustainability linked loan transactions probably gained in 1) a major commercial bank or lender or 2) corporate or project finance group of a major international organisation.
* In depth knowledge of Green & sustainable loan principles, Green bond principles, UN Sustainability Developments Goals, Climate bonds Initiative, EU taxonomy, TCFD, and other majors ESG regulations.
* Thorough knowledge of main ESG rating Agencies methodologies such as Sustainalytics, Vigeo Eiris and ISS Oekom and MSCI.
* Solution focused with proven business judgement and high ethical and professional standards.
* Proven track record of successful decision-making skills, problem and conflict resolution and ability to participate in teams - especially as a leader
* Promotes good teamwork and guides others with his vast experience and knowledge of the market.
* Good relevant degree from a leading university
What's on Offer
The package will be excellent