Lead Analyst Regulatory Accounting - Portland, ME
Based in Portland, ME
About Our Client
My client is a diversified company with operations across the US. They employ around 10,000 employees nationally.
Reporting directly into the head of Regulatory and External Reporting, this position is responsible for overseeing the regulatory accounting activities for the firm. This highly technical position has responsibility for evaluating, analyzing and generating transactions of a specialized nature requiring knowledge of financial relationships and accounting principles and practices, including those required by US GAAP, IFRS and the SEC. Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating, analyzing, and approving complex accounting transactions of a regulatory nature requiring knowledge of financial relationships, accounting principles and practice including US GAAP, Income Tax as well as International Standards (IFRS).
- Executing the accounting for regulatory assets and liabilities and electric and gas commodity, transmission and distribution revenue transactions. Assists with and/or monitors rate proceedings at the state and federal level.
- Designing, implementing, executing and monitoring control mechanisms designed to ensure that specified accounting conventions are executed in conformance with management designs and Commission orders.
- Providing supervisory and technical direction in the design of detailed and complex accounting conventions used to comply with Commission Orders at the state and federal level, including communications with VP Regulatory Strategy and OpCo Controllers to document the underlying intent of the filings and orders.
- Providing supervisory, technical direction and oversight of department staff members performing the calculation of regulatory accounting transactions including the preparation of reports and exhibits used in rate setting.
- Recommending, implements, and communicates including written summaries of the accounting impacts of commission decisions and maintains controls and procedures to ensure efficient and accurate completion of regulatory accounting requirements.
- Developing and designs, reviews and approves internal managerial activity reports, fluctuation reports, budget development and external commission reports based on regulatory accounting activities as required.
Apply online today for consideration within 24 hours and should your resume be suitable, you can expect to hear from us promptly.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a generous and competitive remuneration package, you will posses the following:
- Bachelors degree (ideally in an accounting related field)
- CPA (ideal but not essential)
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP
- Regulatory reporting experience ideal
What's on Offer
- 10% bonus (performance related)
- Generous 401K company contribution
- Work/ life balance arrangements
- Downtown Portland location