Legal Counsel - Aviation Restructuring and Insolvency
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Top Tier Global Aircraft Lessor
About Our Client
Is one of the top tier global leaders in the aircraft leasing industry with a strong balance sheet, and liquidity position who have been one of the few companies who have continued to focus on new transactions in 2020.
They have been highly active in the PLB and SLB markets with airlines globally and are well positioned to survive this shock and take a predatory position in the market due to their strong liquidity position.
With one of the most highly respected global leadership teams in the industry, they have created a organisational culture that has driven success, collaboration, and winning mindset and is viewed as one of the employers of choice in the sector.
The 9 month fixed term contract legal counsel role based in Hong Kong is a senior level appointment requiring an individual to quickly step up as a 'plug and play' member of the cross functional deal team in APAC and globally.
The role involves the following;
- Working as the key legal point person in the cross functional deal teams across Asia Pacific dealing with the complete cycle of all aircraft leasing including - new deals with airlines PLB / SLB, aircraft trading, airline restructuring and insolvency work
- Preparation of all legal documentation and working as part of the deal team managing crisis situations with deferrals, defaults, and ensuring that all of our clients assets and interests are protected legally in all situations
- Working with to appoint external local counsel in relevant countries to act on our clients behalf in various situations and manage this process and engagement seamlessly with the external counsel and communicating with our clients deal teams
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 - 10 years experience with a leading global aircraft lessor in a legal counsel role where you have had significant experience with the airline restructuring, insolvency, and worked in previous market downturns
- A leading private practice lawyer covering aviation with expertise as external counsel for airline insolvency and restructuring as well as the full cycle of leasing
- Excellent English
- The ability to 'plug and play' into the deal team immediately adding value and managing all aspects of the legal process for our client
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to work for a global market leader in aircraft leasing
- Senior legal counsel appointment with an employer of choice
- Regional and Global coverage role