- Legal Counsel opening at financial services client
- Role will be focused on ISDA & FIA agreements
About Our Client
FS Commodities client.
- Negotiating agreements with counterparties, including preparing and submitting draft documents to clients prior to negotiation and execution of final original documents and any subsequent amendments.
- Providing final Legal approval of NDAs, Amendments to any master agreements (ISDA, FIA, etc.), and Vendor/Service agreements.
- Undertaking due diligence prior to and post completion of agreements e.g. commissioning and review of legal opinions and supporting documents.
- Providing updates as necessary on status and outstanding issues.
- Carrying out any routine and ancillary administrative task required by Head of Legal and Documentation Manager and Senior Management.
- Coordinating with Business, Credit, Compliance, Client Services Group, Operations and Chief Officers and obtaining terms and approvals necessary for the completion of agreements.
The Successful Applicant
- NY State Bar
- Experience with ISDA, preferably with the experience and ability to negotiate other trading agreements (especially FIA Master Netting Agreements and Terms of Business and it various modules), and agreements to trade physical gas and power in North America
- Knowledge of relevant law and demonstrable ability to draft and negotiate documents, identify, interpret and advise on issues, action requirements and lead change management.
- Experience working within a regulated business.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Great environment