- Save Job
- Email job
- Hybrid role with 2-3 days in brand new office
- Role supporting SaaS client's privacy and commercial legal matters
About Our Client
The Legal Counsel will report directly to the US Head of Legal and will be responsible for advising on commercial and privacy related matters for a global SaaS client.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, pertaining to software, including: SaaS, SLAs, license, vendor, technology, professional services, master services, confidentiality, IP, etc.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and clauses surrounding privacy and data security, including DPAs
- Handle legal matters related to privacy or cybersecurity-related regulations such as GDPR, GLBA, HIPPA, etc.
- Develop strategy for expanding markets
- Working closely with internal functions, specifically sales, to provide timely legal advice under tight deadlines
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school with exceptional academic credentials
- 3-6 years of experience gained in-house at a SaaS company
- Strong experience drafting and negotiating high-volume SaaS agreements, SLAs, vendor contracts, MSAs, PSAs, confidentiality, IP agreements, etc.
- Must have experience advising on data privacy law, including DPAs and privacy legal matters in larger commercial SaaS agreements
- Experience with privacy regulations in contracts, including: HIPPA, GDPR, GLBA, etc.
- Member of NY State Bar
- Must be able to partner with the business in order to achieve favorable results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, team player with a can-do attitude
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Growth opportunities
- Brand new office w/ hybrid working environment
- First privacy-focused attorney hire
- Excellent team
Quote job ref
- Legal Subsector
- Technology Media & Telecoms
- New York
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Jennifer Pettigrew
- Job reference