Legal Counsel - US
Exciting role to join a fast growing tech gaming start-up!
First US legal hire with opportunity for growth.
About Our Client
Rapidly growing international tech start-up with Series C funding.
The Legal Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel (overseas) and be responsible for managing all US legal matters in conjunction with outside counsel, while coordinating with international team. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with US vendors to assist with the US launch of the company in the US
- Advise management, sales, customer success as well as finance and other company departments on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies, procedures and negotiation strategies;
- Advise business leaders on a wide range of legal matters in a clear and concise manner
- Interact with internal clients on a daily basis
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school
- Admission to NY State Bar
- 5+ years of experience dealing with commercial and operational legal matters, ideally at a tech start-up. Law firm background with combination of in-house experience is ideal.
- Experience must include a wide range of commercial legal matters, working with internal and external clients, vendor management and operational matters.
- Compliance experience in setting up a US entity is ideal
- Must have experience partnering directly with clients on a daily basis
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Willingness to communicate with international business partners and General Counsel in different time zone
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Room for growth
- Remote work to start (local to NYC)