- Opportunity to join the legal team in the US for a global company
- Day to day interaction with business executives, advising on all legal matters
About Our Client
International industrial manufacturing company with North American operations based out of Charlotte, NC.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal based internationally, The Legal Counsel - US is an important role as part of a global legal team, ensuring that the company complies with relevant laws and regulations in the business areas in which it operates.
- The Legal Counsel will have direct client contact across all parts of the business, advising on corporate legal matters, corporate compliance and commercial contracts, and to provide guidance on US regulatory matters
- This role will require the drafting and negotiating of a wide range of commercial agreements, including: software agreements, licensing agreements, vendor agreements, NDAs, MSAs, intellectual property agreements, manufacturing agreements, equipment agreements, etc.
- The Legal Counsel will also advise on all corporate and commercial transactions.
- Advise senior management on all legal issues affecting the business.
- This role will be responsible for providing advice on high level business strategy, the implementation of corporate policies and procedures as well as managing outside counsel.
- Reviewing the legal and regulatory requirements of the client in all of North America.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Legal Counsel role will have the following qualifications and skills:
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school with top academic credentials
- Admission to a US State Bar in good standing
- 5-10 years of experience practicing law, with an emphasis on commercial contracts, corporate legal matters and compliance matters.
- Ideal experience will be a mix of top law firm and in-house experience within the manufacturing, industrial or chemical industries.
- Must have excellent drafting and negotiating skills, specifically with the following commercial contracts: technology agreements (SaaS, IT services, etc.), manufacturing agreements, MSAs, NDAs, intellectual property agreements, equipment agreements, leasing agreements, all vendor agreements, etc.
- Experience dealing with regulatory compliance matters in an in-house setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience advising C-Level executives and board members on a variety of legal matters.
- Strong business acumen with a focus on mitigating risk.
- Ability to work autonomously and make high-level decisions.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Hybrid work environment
- Enormous opportunity for growth