- Exciting opportunity to join Investment Bank as VP of Legal
- Wide range of responsibilities
About Our Client
The VP of Legal will oversee all legal aspects and provide leadership and guidance on a wide range of legal matters including, contract negotiations, intellectual property protection, litigation, data privacy issues, internal policies, regulatory, compliance, and general corporate matters. As the leader of the firm's Legal function, the VP Legal will serve as a commercially sophisticated senior legal advisor to the senior leadership team.
The Successful Applicant
- JD from top law school with excellent academic credentials and GPA
- Admitted to NY State Bar
- 6-12 years of directly related legal experience in a law firm, private equity, investment bank, or alternatives-focused firm with substantial knowledge of relevant rules and regulations.
- Strong practical experience in drafting contracts and negotiating transactions with a particular focus on privacy, data security, software, software-as-a-service and related technology fields, as well an understanding of the investment banking regulatory environment.
- Well-spoken, well-presented and able to handle a client facing role.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Additional benefits