- Legal Counsel opening for technology and procurement team
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing legal team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide.
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial contracts, including technology agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements and other business and legal arrangements.
- Advise stakeholders of potential risks in contractual areas and propose risk mitigation strategies; provide creative and legally sound solutions for resolution of disputes with commercial business partners.
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries; serve as a support point for the Compliance Department, assist with investigations and in drafting inquiry responses.
- Research and author legal memorandum regarding various emerging issues including technology, IP, and employment law.
- Review existing policies and procedures, identify areas for continuous improvement; formulate and draft policies and procedures, as required.
- Maintain and update relevant corporate and LLC records, as needed or directed. Provide advice regarding corporate governance issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must have a JD, top academic credentials, and be a member in good standing of the Illinois bar.
- Law firm experience with clients in the financial services or technology sectors is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work independently under tight deadlines, and possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give advice, which demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the risks/rewards of each situation.
- Strong research and writing skills, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a non-legal audience, are required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Room for growth