- Legal Counsel - Based in Mauritius
- Legal Counsel
About Our Client
The client is a global company.
- You will be supporting the team with contract reviews and negotiations including NDAs, service contracts, consultancy agreements, contractor agreements, terms and conditions, supply and procurement agreements and intragroup arrangements. You will be advising on which template contract is suitable for a proposed transaction, providing legal support with contract reviews, drafting and negotiations, advising on commercial legal risks and how to best protect the company and you will be required to liaise with the Legal team on points requiring escalation.
- Engaging and collaboration with other members of the Legal team in relation to contract management matters.
- You will be engaging and collaborating with other members of the global Legal, Regulatory and Compliance function.
- You will be supporting the senior leadership team and other stakeholders with general day to day legal queries.
- You will be working closely and offer support when required to a Paralegal based in Mauritius.
The Successful Applicant
- Legal Counsel with at least 4 years' of legal work experience gained in a recognized law firm or in-house.
- Experience of contract legal drafting and advising on and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Strong capability with commercial law, familiarity with data and a broad range of legal issues.
- Experience of advising on some or all of the following areas: Intellectual Property, Data Protection and Employment law.
- Knowledge of legal framework in Mauritius or the United Kingdom or one of the commonwealth countries.
- Must have familiarity with legal operational processes - budget, project management, knowledge management, etc.
- Ability to work across teams and be able to explain legal concepts to a non-legal audience.
- Good communicator both verbal and written.
- Expert capability in MS Word and a high level of competency across other core Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
What's on Offer
Attractive package - attractive basic and benefits incl. medical cover, pension, etc.