Global Law Firm
Above market rate salary
About Our Client
Global Law Firm based in Dublin City Centre.
To provide proactive and professional PA/legal secretarial support to a group of Fee Earners. It is important that all applicable services are delivered to the business in a manner which is consistent with the increasingly competitive environment in which the Firm operates.
This role is intended to embrace a team-working approach, collaborating with lawyers and other members of support staff to fulfil the needs of the business. In addition to being assigned to a number of specific lawyers, it is expected that a Legal PA will work with every member of the team to ensure that the overall needs of the practice group are met.
· Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and their teams whilst developing knowledge of the group's clients and their business;
· Actively contributing to client service initiatives in the group, including but not limited to attending client events and seminars where required.
· Liaising regularly (at least on a weekly basis) with lawyers to identify work commitments and prioritising your workload accordingly;
· Arranging meetings and appointments for lawyers, both internally and externally, ensuring the Outlook diary is up to date and holds all the necessary information in relation to the appointment, including taking responsibility for booking travel, meeting rooms and arranging for necessary equipment and refreshments;
· Proactive advance monitoring of lawyers' diaries, reminding them of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that lawyers have all supporting paperwork and necessary information for each meeting or appointment;
· Liaising with the Firms travel company to make travel and accommodation arrangements; keeping lawyers advised of any changes in scheduling and ensuring they have accurate up to date itineraries and all the relevant travel details are in their Outlook calendar;
· Taking ownership of answering lawyers' telephone calls when they are unavailable, taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly, trying to assist and answer any non-legal queries if possible, ensuring the caller receives a satisfactory response;
· Screening, prioritising and dealing with lawyers' incoming e-mails, post and voicemail when they are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding where able and appropriate;
· Management and co-ordination of lawyers' e-mails, including electronic filing and printing;
· Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars;
· Drafting short letters, memos or notes (non legal content) in a literate and professional manner;
· Managing audio typing by Digital Dictation, drafting correspondence, producing documents/letters/e-mails and memos, whilst utilising Exigent wherever possible, taking responsibility for collating correspondence and enclosures;
· Opening client files, completing conflict searches and money laundering checks in conjunction with lawyers. Preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required, maintaining client files on a day to day basis and filing;
· Undertaking regular reviews of files and papers for lawyers, checking account balances and liaising with lawyers to ensure that all files that are not current are archived and deeds are put in storage;
· Taking complete responsibility for any copying, faxing or scanning required by lawyers; including preparation of large files, bibles or bundles of documents (hard copy and electronic), including pagination and indexing.
· Attending internal client or project meetings to take notes and assisting in action points if required;
· Production of pre-bills, amending narratives and producing cover letters;
· Preparation and submission of lawyers' expenses, including chasing lawyers for receipts, mileage information following meetings and business trips and following up on authorisations;
· Taking responsibility for the production of contact sheets or party lists for each file, keeping these up to date and updating the relevant lawyer's Outlook address book;
· Assisting lawyers with the billing process, agreeing in advance dates for billing, requesting pre-bills, drafting narratives, covering letters and passing paperwork to lawyers for sign off;
The Successful Applicant
· Educated to a minimum of Leaving Certificate
· Minimum 3 years Legal PA experience
· Document production experience and excellent MS Office skills
· Audio dictaphone typing speeds of 60+ wpm
· Proven organisational skills
· Excellent inter-personal skills
· Effective communicator at all levels
· Ability to handle conflicting demands
· Capable of working autonomously but also operating within a team environment
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
· Proactive, with a keen eye for detail
· Flexible in both attitude and in daily hours of work
· Highly motivated with a can-do approach towards all given tasks
· Ability to work on their own initiative
What's on Offer
€40-50,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.