Manager - Project Management
Manager - Project Management Group
Growing Building Materials Company
About Our Client
An global leader in the Building Materials sector.
Main Job Duties:
1. Active leadership and best practices in managing projects to ensure successful delivery. Ensure the personnel in the group have the correct processes and toolsets available and that they are adequately trained to use them.
2. Provide performance feedback and set development goals for project managers; conducts annual performance assessments and skill development and training.
3. Ensures a clear and consistent approach is followed and is aligned with corporate objectives.
4. Resolve significant order related issues with a focus on customer service as well as commercial and contractual obligations.
5. Understand commercial construction contracts and ensure team is satisfying all requirements.
6. Build relationships with internal and external individuals for positive project engagement. Have track record of building good relationships with customers.
7. Liaise closely with business partners (Estimating, Production, Finance, Purchasing, & Field Service) to ensure projects are successfully delivered to customers.
8. Act as first point of escalation for customers on project related matters.
Other Job Duties
1. Ownership of a diverse range of projects and accountable for the delivery of the full project management life cycle, including take-off, proposal, design, fabrication, installation and administrative tasks.
2. Able to read and understand tender documents including specifications, drawings and addendums.
3. Design roller shades and shading systems or work with shading technical specialist on system design.
4. Aid architects and designers during design process to best suit product to specific site conditions.
5. Assisting and instructing customers on product requirements relating to electrical or mechanical aspects of the project.
6. Track multiple concurrent projects and ensure all project objectives are met, including deadlines, cost, and customer expectations.
7. Perform site activities including: pre-bid site visits, inspections, condition assessments and measureups.
8. Develop technical understanding of shading systems and their construction and be able to assist in troubleshooting the installation and operation of the systems.
9. Utilize tools such as SFDC, Excel and local ERP for tracking and communication of job details and status.
10. Participates in Continuous Improvement.
11. Prepare estimates based on contract bids, drawings and specifications.
12. Performs other similar and related duties as required
The Successful Applicant
Profile: Basic Qualifications: * P.Eng designation. * BS in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering or similar educational background. * 7-10 years of project management or project coordination experience overseeing multiple concurrent projects from start to finish. * Must have - led other project managers ideally working in the manufacturing and commercial construction space. Ability to multi-task, adhere to multiple processes, and achieve a high degree of accuracy. Tracking multiple priorities is critical to success. * Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings (mechanical and electrical). * Must have a valid driver's license.
What's on Offer
A market leading Project Manager - Manager package.