Managing Director, Asia--Luxury Industry
A newly created role with Asia full P&L responsibility
An fantastic opportunity to join in a young but fast groing global luuxry brand
About Our Client
A North American label to the core, Our client is a young but very fast growing luxury brand across global. The brand creates time-hornored outwear and apparel tailored for contemporary, urban living. Due to their strong business growth potential in Asia region, they are looking for a high caliber with entrepreneur spirit Managing Director, Asia to join in their organization based in Shanghai.
- Responsible for managing all sales & marketing activities in the region in order to meet commercial objectives
- Responsible for overseeing all growth projects, branding, marketing and ecommerce across the region
- Shape business and define the growth strategy and drive the necessary transformations
- Manage the digital team to ensure the online presence and shopping experience is¡¡relevant to the local market
- Oversee and drive recruitment across the region for new store openings and as the business develops continue to develop the teams in place
- Provide high level plan and manage project teams to deliver shop set up
- Oversee store management, ensuring commercial success
- Oversee Buying & merchandising to deliver stock to the region
- Develop operations, logistics, marketing & ecommerce teams by outsourcing key components.
- Oversee the growth of corporate team based in Shanghai.
- Manage the overall budgeting, targets and goals set to drive expansion in the market.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of relevant commercial reports
The Successful Applicant
- An experienced brand builder with specific knowledge on building brands in China.
- Over 15 years full P&L experience in Luxury brand and street brand, covering the responsibility of sales, marketing, retail channel development, merchandising/buying, logistics and supply chain etc.
- An expert in real estate with knowledge of markets, malls, shopping locations and relationships with key real estate professionals
- Experience ¡n negotiating leases, with market knowledge on prices, legislation, deal parameters and achieving the deal for the brand in the prime location
- E-Commerce awareness and experience; understanding end user experience, shopping habits and keys to success
- Experience of driving significant business change such as transforming and expanding distribution network and digital expansion
- Experience in new store launches, recruiting & training teams, installations, buying, merchandising and other factors to ensure success of stores
- Understanding of the wholesale business model
- Knowledge of merchandising & buying
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Fluent in English
- Mandarin an asset
- Entrepreneurial with very strong drive for results
- Passionate with high level of energy, tenacity and an action-oriented mindset
What's on Offer
An brilliant opportunity to join in a young luxury brand, to be the NO. 1 hand in Asia region, full autonomous to set up the business strategy in the region. A very competitive cash salary package as well as significant equity upside will be offered to the right candidate, which the traditional luxury brand seldom has.