Managing Director - Automotive Components Manufacturer
Long term career opportunity in North East, UK
Established engineering / manufacturing business with excellent growth potential
About Our Client
The manufacturing business is part of a privately owned and financed group of industrial manufacturing businesses. After acquisition, each subsidiary business is kept autonomous, not absorbed or subsumed into a larger entity and the strategy is to grow and develop each business with investment capital and add-on acquisitions. The Group is well capitalised, has a strong balance sheet, and is cash rich.
- Full P&L responsibility for an established manufacturing business who provide engineered solutions for a diverse customer base of OEM's and aftermarket customers within the manufacturing sector.
- Management of a circa 200+ employee manufacturing business with a high calibre leadership team incorporating finance, sales/commercial, operations and human resources.
- Review, analyse, and determine the strategic direction of the business.
- Provide the leadership and commercial focused approach to take the business on a transformation growth agenda.
- Install a positive working culture of financial performance and profit growth.
- Identify CAPEX requirements and provide clear return on investment business cases for such plans.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the market, trends and commercial opportunities that your business and the wider group could exploit.
The Successful Applicant
- A commercially focused Managing Director who is sales driven with an external market driven approach and proven track record in growing companies ahead of market growth rates.
- An aptitude for providing engineered solutions typically £1M+ projects with a technical and consultative approach ideally with experience in supplying into the automotive sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Flexibility of thinking with an informal and inclusive leadership style that would suit a rapidly expanding SME environment.
- Significant financial management experience with wide ranging operational and general management responsibilities.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Strategic thinker with a strength in analysing and interpreting information.
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity.
- Can operate equally effectively in the boardroom and on the shop floor.
What's on Offer
Full executive package on offer for successful candidate. Company can also accommodate for an immediate start for the successful candidate.