Managing Director Designate
Rapidly growing travel management company
Set and deliver a new 5 year vision and growth plan
About Our Client
My client is a leading independent travel management company specialising in the B2E sector providing specialist tours to young people. They have a clear vision to be a leading provider in the sector based around exceptional products and values.
The Managing Director Designate will take responsibility for managing a number of trading divisions of the organisation to achieve commercial and financial objectives, and deliver the business plan as agreed with the Executive Board. It is envisaged the Managing Director Designate will assume further Group responsibilities over a 6-12 month period so to become the Managing Director.
Initial key areas of responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the Exec Board deliver the business plans to achieve the corporate Vision and Mission
- Identifying improvements to work organisation and procedures and implementing procedural change to maximise efficiency
- Working with the Board to deliver the annual strategic objectives, identify and deliver best practice.
- Ensuring all divisions deliver to the exceptional sales and operating standard to ensure the highest levels of customer delight
- Assisting and supporting Managers/Directors in developing, implementing and reporting on the financial elements within their areas.
- Communicating and liaising with all internal and external stakeholders on the performance of the company
The Successful Applicant
The successful Managing Director Designate will have a successful track record in the travel sector, either from a TMC or Tour Operator perspective. Of critical importance will be your desire to work with an organisation with the following values:
Trustworthy - open and honest with customers and colleagues and treat them with warmth, trust and respect.
Passionate - proud of the company and continually strive to be the best.
Flexible - work with our customers to tailor-make tours at their request, pace and expected standards.
Dynamic- positively drive solutions, are forward thinking and open to change.
Professional - consistently deliver excellence and innovation so that professionalism shines through.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- You have passion for achieving exceptional standards in Tour Operating
- You have a vision how you can share that passion with the Exec Board
- You are positive and self motivated, relishing problem solving, driving in solutions, working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- You are highly organised, value efficiency and are always looking to improve processes to improve the productivity of your team
- You are commercially aware and make decisions that take in to account the commercial objectives of the business alongside the needs of the customer
What's on Offer
Competitive, bonus, benefits and LTIP opportunity