Managing Director - Engineered Systems - Yorkshire
British manufacturing company
Engineered systems into the food manufacturing sector
About Our Client
An innovative British privately owned manufacturing company based in Yorkshire currently seek a 'hands on' Managing Director due to the retirement of their longstanding business leader.
The company is well established and provides capital equipment engineered systems.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the current market, trends and commercial opportunities that the business could exploit and determine the optimal commercial strategy to maximise profit growth.
- Provide strategic direction to the management team and employee base with the ability to motivate through leading from the front and by example.
- With the Management Team, carry out regular reviews of organisation strengths and weaknesses, performance and quality and review the systems and organisation.
- Control of all aspects of the business and for the balance sheet including forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop and maintain consistent product quality and manufacturing efficiency and implement operational best practice to drive continuous improvement through use of lean methodologies.
- Practical leadership experience with ability to train, mentor and develop teams.
- Comfortable with a high degree of interaction with clients, workers, and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to work with autonomy in a small to medium sized innovative manufacturing business.
- A well rounded Managing Director equally as comfortable within sales and operations with experience of growing SME business ahead of market growth rates.
- Flexibility of thinking with an informal and inclusive leadership style that would suit a rapidly expanding SME environment.
- People focused approached who can demonstrate experience of installing a 'can do-will do culture throughout career.
- Proven track record of sales growth with experience ideally of supplying engineered solutions.
Skills / Personality Traits:
- Commercially astute with an externally focused market driven approach.
- Strategic thinker with a strength in analysing and interpreting information.
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity.
- At ease at all levels and with all stakeholders in the business.
- Can operate equally effectively in the boardroom and on the shop floor.
- Willing and able to participate in international travel
What's on Offer
Executive package on offer for successful candidate