Managing Director - Finland
High growth exciting company
About Our Client
Our client is a global tech business with a portfolio of companies that unites different businesses under one umbrella. Within Finland the company is launching a high tech marketplace shopping site where consumers can benefit from the advantages of an international shopping community. Consumers can enjoy attractive shopping benefits, and the vendors which stretch from large global brands to small and medium sized enterprises can enjoy an innovative customer loyalty programme that allows them to become a part of a global shopping world.
Based in our office in Helsinki you will be accountable for the following:
- Build an attractive vendor network based on both new vendors and account management of existing brands.
- To constantly and successfully manage relationships with the vendors to ensure the long term and valuable cooperation
- Identify and negotiate with key accounts relevant to the Finnish market
- To constantly and successfully manage relationship with vendors with the aim of improving the service level of local operations
- KPI delivery and management within the local office(s)
- Contribute to constant growth of the general number of vendors and their shopping turnovers
- Efficiently manage subsidiary within the limits of approved cost budget
- Implement corporate control methods and process
- Manage subsidiary according to the local laws and regulations and to ensure that all the documentation and processes are in accordance with the local law
- Carry out Board instructions in a timely and accurate manner
- Comprehensive leadership responsibilities
- Creation of monthly interim reports as well as monthly action plans for securing and expanding sales and profit success
- Other reporting tasks as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful Managing Director will have the following skills and experience:
- Highly sales focused - whilst this role is a GM role, the main focus of responsibilities will be with sales, vendor management and business development
- Highly motivated and extremely ambitious
- Track record of at least 5 years in international sales / vendor management leadership roles within consumer goods.
- Clear track record of operating at Director level
- Keen to work in the company leadership team to agree group strategy in a professional and effective manner.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong prospecting and closing skills
- Natural Finnish language skills with fluent English. Working knowledge of German would be useful but not essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What's on Offer
Excellent package, plus an extremely attractive commission structure.
Exciting, fast moving, multicultural environment with excellent training and development.