Managing Director - Hong Kong
European MNC - Employer of Choice
Trust, Corporate, and Private Clients
About Our Client
Is an iconic multinational employer of choice is the trust, corporate, and private clients sector that is a global leader in their sector. They have built a significant global business through a combination of strategic mergers and acquisitions activity throughout the world, and and APAC region. The next expansion phase in Asia and Hong Kong will be through driving and scaling up through organic growth and creating a market leading APAC platform.
Due to their continued expansion and growth in the Asia Pacific region a rare opportunity on thier senior leadership team is available for a Managing Director to head up their Hong Kong operation. This will role play an integral part of the global leadership team, with full P & L responsibility for the Hong Kong business, and a significant people leadership mandate.
Their culture and employment value proposition offers an entrepreneurial, high growth, and innovative working environment which provides significant growth opportunities in Hong Kong and the APAC region.
The mandate is a truly exciting senior leadership appointment driving the commercial growth of their three core business areas - Trust, Corporate, and Private Clients.
The role entails;
- Full P & L Ownership of the Hong Kong business unit
- People Leadership of a team of circa 50 people with a growth agenda to scale up the business headcount to circa 70 people in the next 18 months
- Playing a central part of the global leadership team and interactions with the EMEA, UK, and US counterparts of driving key projects
- Driving commercial performance and growth in revenue, profit, and market share for the Hong Kong operation
- Defining the organisational culture and a wining mindset and customer centric business unit
The Successful Applicant
The Managing Director Hong Kong role for this market leading global trust, corporate, and private clients in the Asia Pacific region.
You will need the following;
- A proven track record of success leading a trust, corporate, and private clients business in Hong Kong delivering consistent results in terms of revenue, profit, and best practice
- A strong people leader who is highly market facing that is well connected and respected with clients in Hong Kong who will lead by example, through high levels of visiblity externally at key industry events and forums. They will ultimately be the the face and figurehead of their Hong Kong business to clients in the market.
- This externally facing leader will also need the disciplined execution to run a operationally tight ship internally driving best in class activity levels and internal processes and reporting procedures in line with global standards.
- This visionary leader will need to be able to drive a sales mindset, high performance culture, with a focus on delivering absolute excellence and best in class solutions for their clients
- The leadership dexterity to drive the local business unit successfully through a period of integration and change and position the Hong Kong team for growth, as well as integrate into the global leadership team
- You will need to have lead teams of people of 20 - 30 people or more as a minimum, as well and having full P & L ownership for a business unit from a direct competitor in trust, corporate, and private clients.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to take a a senior leadership appointment as the Managing Director Hong Kong for a global leader in funds, corporate, and private clients.
- A change management agenda to grow and scale up a business in Hong Kong and invest driving significant growth and market share acquisition
- The chance to drive a high performance culture and lead teams of 70 people plus in Hong Kong in 18 months and create your legacy with this leading global platform