Managing Director, International
An opportunity to join an innovative, high technology organisation
You'll lead operations in the UK and expansion in to Europe, Middle East & Asia
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader within their field. They provide a range of hardware, software, services and systems to governments, government departments and military organisations.
The organisation has developed successful relationships in the US market and is now looking to expand across UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia from its HQ in Hampshire.
As Managing Director, International you will be tasked with defining the strategy that will leverage growth within the UK and International markets.
You will lead all operations from their office in Hampshire.
Main responsibilities include:
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organisations vision, mission, and overall direction
- Leading the development and implementation of the company's strategy as part of the overall Group Strategy
- Soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate, from the Group CEO and the Board of Directors
- Formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business in line with Group strategic objectives
- Overseeing the complete operation of the company in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans
- Evaluating the success of the company in reaching its goals and those of the Group
- Growing a profitable UK based business for opportunities in UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia for both UK and US developed products (hardware, software and systems) and technical capability
- Increasing the competence of the business in system design, prototype development and project engineering to target fast turnaround, high performance integrated systems
- Establishing a business unit for Customer support, including training, services, software licencing, and active promotion of capability
The Successful Applicant
To be suitable for this Managing Director, International position, you will need:
- Experience of managing a small/medium sized technology business or business unit with true P&L responsibility, and clear preference for the dynamic nature of an SME.
- Strong technical background, with a minimum qualification of a good technical degree. Desirable MSc, PhD and/or MBA
- Experience of interfacing with Government customers internationally.
- Capability to rapidly advance to succeed the current Group CEO. Desirable experience of operating an international high technology, high growth group
- UK based with suitable clearances or capable of being cleared
- Experience managing a business with hardware products, software products and service elements
What's on Offer