Managing Director - Manufacturing Business - North West, UK
Innovative SME manufacturer based in the North West, UK
Rapidly expanding business
About Our Client
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Managing Director to be responsible for a rapidly expanding manufacturing business based in the North West of the UK.
The business design, develop and manufacture innovative building products that are used in a number of applications across a broad customer base within the building and construction industry. Due to the versatility of the materials there are fantastic opportunities to develop into new sectors and applications.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a small to medium sized innovative manufacturing business.
- Conduct an objective review of the business to execute a strategic business plan designed to optimise performance through operational efficiency and commercial growth.
- Control of all aspects of the business and for the balance sheet including forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop and maintain consistent product quality and manufacturing efficiency and implement operational best practice to drive continuous improvement.
- Maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers and suppliers.
- Provide strategic direction to the management team and employee base with the ability to motivate through leading from the front and by example.
- Take complete day to day responsibility for the business and work closely with the wider group to deliver ambitious growth plans.
- Play a 'hands on' role in terms of managing the UK sales team, winning new business opportunities and developing key customers.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the current market, trends and commercial opportunities that the business could exploit and determine the optimal commercial strategy to maximise profit growth.
The Successful Applicant
- A well rounded General Manager equally as comfortable within a sales and operations environment with a strong financial awareness.
- Demonstrable track record of success in driving organisational change and growing businesses ahead of market growth rates.
- People focused approached who can demonstrate experience of installing a 'can do-will do culture throughout career.
Skills / Personality Traits:
- Commercially astute with an externally focused market driven approach.
- Strategic thinker with a strength in analysing and interpreting information.
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity.
- At ease at all levels and with all stakeholders in the business.
- Can operate equally effectively in the boardroom and on the shop floor.
What's on Offer
An excellent executive salary and benefits package commensurate with level of the appointment