Managing Director - SME Manufacturer - Lancashire
Long term career opportunity
Excellent growth opportunities for the company
About Our Client
A leading manufacturer and supplier of modular buildings and storage solutions require a Managing Director with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive bottom line growth within a fast growth business.
The business supply into plant hire companies and end-user clients within construction, rail, education, retail and healthcare sectors for infrastructure projects.
The manufacturing business is part of a privately owned and financed group of industrial manufacturing businesses. After acquisition, each subsidiary business is kept autonomous, not absorbed or subsumed into a larger entity and the strategy is to grow and develop each business with investment capital and add-on acquisitions. The Group is well capitalised, has a strong balance sheet, and is cash rich.
The successful Managing Director will be responsible for the leadership of the management team, manufacturing facility and UK sales team.
- Conduct an objective review of the business to execute a strategic business plan designed to optimise performance.
- Control of all aspects of the business and for the balance sheet including forecasting and budgeting.
- Delivery of sales growth across through a diverse customer base across the UK.
- Develop and maintain excellent health and safety standards throughout the business, consistent product quality, manufacturing efficiency and implement operational best practice.
- Maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Represent the company at senior levels within the customer base to ensure that relationships are maintained and enhanced.
The Successful Applicant
- A well rounded commercially focused Managing Director with experience in a manufacturing / production environment providing customised solutions for clients.
- Demonstrable track record of success in driving organisational change and delivering results.
- Flexibility of thinking with an informal and inclusive leadership style that would suit a rapidly expanding SME environment.
- People focused approached who can demonstrate experience of installing a 'can do-will do culture throughout career.
- Proven track record of sales growth within a manufacturing business ahead of market growth rates.
- Exposure and experience within an operations environment.
- Analytical mindset with a strong financial awareness.
- Based in the North West, UK
What's on Offer
Executive package on offer for successful candidate