Leadership on a multi-faceted luxurr hospitality business based
Destination resport set in the heart of the Lake District
About Our Client
Our client is an established and respected provider of luxury leisure facilities of restaurants, spa, hotel and self catering accommodation. The facility can be home to around 600 guests at any one time.
The Managing Director will be based in Cumbria with responsibility for all aspects of the executive management of the resort including - high level business strategy, finance, marketing and sales, legal, health and safety, Human Resources, property, development, capital expenditure and environment.
They will also be responsible for self catering related aspects of the business, including sales, rental, maintenance, and grounds functions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the delivery of budgeted company net profit.
- Maintain a high level of visibility, approachability and contact with guests and team members.
- Implementation of a robust environmental and sustainability strategy.
- Promote the business externally by being visible in the community and at a wider level in the industry
- Maintain knowledge of leading-edge trends in the industry and using this to seek to gain a competitive advantage.
- Develop, agree and monitor the business against Key Performance Indicators - people, product and finance.
- Review regularly the business performance with key direct reports and report to the Board on business performance at least monthly.
- Develop and use customer feedback mechanisms that effectively improve business performance.
The Successful Applicant
- An understanding of good business practices including organisational structures, business planning, financial controls, performance management and quality assurance to ensure the organisation delivers its objectives.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to understand complex strategic issues, to analyse and to resolve difficult problems.
- A broad understanding of the overall picture, understanding of context and possible future development.
- Encourages and supports others to develop confidence, capability and the realisation of their potential.
- Ability to think creatively and work with a degree of entrepreneurial flair.
- Flexibility and adaptability in both style and approach to managing both internal and external relationships.
- Tactful and diplomatic with the ability to engage effectively with senior executive and director level individuals and demonstrates sound, independent judgment and the ability to challenge
- A proven track record in leading a multi-faceted luxury hospitality business ideally with experience in running food and beverage, spa and other hotel and resort functions at a luxury level.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the holiday property rental market
What's on Offer