About Our Client
Our client is a subsidiary of an US-based company with affiliates in over 13 countries and a recognized presence in the field of thermal management technologies. Our client crafts innovative, well-designed products that are manufactured to the highest standards. Their aim is to provide users in all hospital departments with equipment to help protect patients from the negative symptoms which accompany surgery and treatment regimes. The company thus accompanies the patient at all levels of his or her journey back to health and integrity. Due to succession planning and integrational transformation, we are looking for the Managing Director (m/f/d):
The incumbent reports directly to the Sr VP and General Manager - Medical. Together with the Sr VP & GM and other key members of the leadership team, the MD helps direct and shape the growth strategies for the German entity.
The Managing Director ensures compliance to the headquarters quality policy, quality systems regulations, cGMPs and other applicable quality system standards and regulations throughout the organization. The MD communicates the importance of compliance with respect to device safety and efficacy, ramification of non-compliance, general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and applicable procedures, MDD/MDR, ISO, QSR and FDA regulations to direct reports. Additionally, communicates the employees' role in achieving the company's quality objectives and goals and the company's commitment to compliance. Adhere to applicable safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and applicable procedures, MDD/MDR, ISO, QSR and other FDA regulations.
- Developing and executing business strategies focusing on accelerating growth to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Reporting to the Sr VP&GM, globally supporting key business development and M&A initiatives.
- Developing and implementing business plans to improve cost-efficiency.
- Maintaining positive and trust-based relations with business partners, shareholders, and authorities.
- Overseeing the European entity's business operations and financial performance.
- Supervising, guiding, and delegating direct reports in their duties.
- Ensuring company policies and legal guidelines are clearly communicated.
- Assessing, managing, and resolving problematic developments and situations.
- Monitors entity's performance to the operating budget and assures department managers are striving to improve performance and reduce costs.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in business or marketing preferred ideally with additional science, healthcare or medical related qualifications; Master's degree is an advantageous.
- Experience as a Managing Director or in a similar leadership role.
- Experience gained within the medical device (including electronic equipment) industry and ideally exposure to surgery or clinical operating rooms.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Ability to work effectively in a global organization across diverse businesses, cultures and geographies.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Entrepreneurial, financially & commercially astute.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work independently with a focus on organization
and follow through on projects.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills / presence and ability to engage to
a broad audience quickly.
- Ability to prioritize workload and participate in multinational teams.
What's on Offer
Of course, we offer attractive remuneration with success-related components, benefits as well as professional and personal perspectives.