Challenging, international position
About Our Client
Global chemicals manufacturer
As a member of the Performance Additives management team, contribute to the formulation of business objectives from an operations perspective and ensure capabilities, constraints and HSE considerations are incorporated into the business planning.
As a member of the BU Manufacturing Management Team (MMT) align the overall PA operations plans with the BU strategies. In the PA business several plants are categorized as high-hazard plants. The applied production technologies are complex and requiring high standards of process safety. Technical reliability and availability are both high priorities from a business perspective. The plants require careful investment planning. Keeping high operating standards is necessary to maintain the PA license to operate as well as societal acceptance of the PA business product lines.
In this position you report into the BU Director. You will directly manage 7 site managers and a Technology Manager.
- Measure and monitor operations performance and ensure continuous improvement in performance.
- Drive productivity, implement standardization consistent with the agreed functional excellence agenda
- Ensure follow through of strategic initiatives within the business (e.g. operations efficiency, longer term asset planning).
- Plan the design, installation and safe maintenance of assets
- Drive and lead project ownership for investment projects
- Coach and mentor site managers and drive talent management by identifying and selecting talents with growth potential and driving exchange of talents across sites with colleague manufacturing directors.
- Manage performance actively, foster performance differentiation and pay for performance culture.
- Network with stakeholders inside and outside to develop and share knowledge, experience, leverage best practice
- Serve as a point of contact for communications outside of the business; being responsible for maintaining good relationships internal and with all external bodies (media, attorneys, governmental and regulatory officials, community and business leaders, customers, employer association/association of chemical industry)
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree
- Min. 10 years of relevant experience. Must possess significant experience in business and overall operations management.
- Has led a major functional project across at least 2 units or more than one function. Has led major investment projects
- Has worked in at least 3 parts of the function, e.g. Manufacturing, Maintenance, Engineering, HSE, Logistics, Supply Chain, Technology
- Has worked in different businesses in Chemical Industry
- Has been based in 2 different regions for at least 2 years.
- Has strong operational leadership experience within the process industry. Has been a manager to at least 4 managers covering at least a total group of 100 people in multiple countries for at least 5 years. Experience with highly toxic hazardous materials is desired.
- Has been exposed to working and impacting globally. Has experience in multiplant site maintenance and turnaround Management
- Has been part of the global management team
- The role will require +/- 30% travelling
- Fluent in English
What's on Offer