Marketing & Communications Director - Construction Industry
Manufacturer, product innovator & service provider within construction industry
Excellent growth opportunities for the company and successful Marketing Director
About Our Client
A highly successful manufacturer, product innovator and service provider within the construction industry are looking to recruit a high calibre and ambitious Group Marketing & Communications Director.
The company have grown both organically and through acquisitions to a £70M t/o group and are in a strong market position. Due to significant recent investment and ambitious growth plans the Director of Marketing and Communications will be instrumental in setting up a group-wide strategy and have hands on responsibility for operational delivery of all Marketing and Communications activity both externally and internally.
The group is a down to earth people focused business with a strong team orientated approach winning awards as a caring employer and have a culture based on fairness, inclusion and respect which is embedded throughout their organisation.
As the business embarks on a period of growth the successful candidate will be instrumental in ensuring the business continues to keep its core business position in the market whilst being actively involved at early stages of new acquisitions to ensure the ethos and culture remains as the group continues to grow.
The successful candidate will be leading and developing a small effective, cohesive marketing and communications team achieving individual, team, and business objectives to deliver an exceptional service for all internal and external customers.
- Create forward plans based on experience, customer and industry insight, creative enhancement, channel selection and development of innovative communication platforms and methods.
- Develop, deliver, and monitor an agreed Marketing and Communications strategy.
- Effectively service the needs of all group activity in line with the group business plan.
- Lead, develop and provide a framework for a small effective, cohesive marketing and communications team.
- Effectively manage and control the marketing and communications budget.
- Develop, and continuously drive brand value to a range of stakeholders, tailoring consistent messaging and marketing campaigns and activity.
- Influence and help shape the profile, reputation, and integrity of the brand.
- Establish new marketing and communications platforms and methods.
- Develop digital marketing activity and social media profile.
- Write and edit effective copy for internal and external audiences.
- Review and continually evolve all marketing collateral.
- Develop methods and drive delivery of technical and educational product and service training for internal and external audiences.
- Engage and support client and stakeholder initiatives.
- Lead and deliver, external exhibitions, innovation days and award submissions.
- Ensure a commercial, business development and marketing forum to provide coordinated effort.
- Establish Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Establish and maintain a robust system of internal communication tools and channels, promoting employee engagement, corporate initiatives and brand.
- Network with internal staff at various levels, clients, and with supply chain to support and maximise marketing opportunities and knowledge transfer.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experienced marketer working within the construction industry.
- Expert at delivering tailored messaging to a range of audiences and markets.
- Passionate about the importance of excellent marketing communications and with creative ideas for how the organisation's brand can be further developed to support market penetration and engagement.
- Worked within a 'hands on' senior management role and is ready for their next step or an experienced Director looking for their next executive career opportunity.
- Used to managing multiple clients and businesses at one time with exceptional organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of strategy development and operational delivery, alongside technical product and service appreciation.
- Experience of working in a role that has been been through a period of growth and change would be preferred.
- Can commute daily or on a regular basis to Staffordshire head office.
- Entrepreneurial style and 'hands on' approach working well in a change / growth environment .
- Strategic with the ability to see trends shaping the market.
- Ability to work cross-functionally internal and externally building relationships to ensure marketing programmes and initiatives are in line with company objectives.
- Persuasive and credible, with outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise effectively.
- Lead through delegation and involvement and mentor, develop and support a small high calibre team.
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive basic salary and full executive benefits package on offer for successful candidate