Marketing Director, Great China ---FMCG
A senior strategic marketing role within a global reputable company
An opportunity to lead the marketing transfoming within a global organization
About Our Client
Our client is a global famous company with over 100 year's history in the technology innovation to helping their customer in the farming industry. They are a premium multinational company in China back decades ago, and the current annual turn over in Great China is more than 250m USD. Due to their strong business growth, now they are looking for a high caliber candidate of Great China Marketing Director to be based in their GC headquarter in Shanghai.
You will directly report to the President of Great China, and leading a team of Product Manager, Territory Marketing Manager and the marketing intelligence, plus a large team of marketing contractors (150+) from the third party.
- Lead research initiatives to gain customer insights.
- Leverage strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to analyze insights (customer, distribution, competition, trends, etc.) to develop an informed category strategy, and product development initiatives for the company.
- Develop 3~5 years growth strategy of the business.
- Lead markroduct management team, market intelligence team, territory marketers (total ~10 people) plus a large team of marketing contractors (150+) focusing on product demonstration and demand generationeting resource deployment program.
- Develop multi-year product development road maps including new product plans. Collaborate with Global HQs and Regional HQs to implement the product road maps
- Develop strategic customer marketing plans based on crop. Establish brand and product marketing strategies and communication initiatives for the company. Provide category leadership and expertise.
- Lead and coordinate the marketing functions, including product marketing, territory marketing, marketing intelligence and technical transfer.
- Conduct customer visits to gain knowledge of market and competitors. Understand the future trends in the category, new technologies, etc.
- Create competitive review matrix to show how products and services compare in marketplace in Greater China.
- Create product marketing calendar to show when products are available to BU sales and marketing leadership team.
- Direct and develop communication plans in collaboration with BU senior leadership to be deployed throughout the key customer-facing touchpoints (digital, advertising, packaging, PR, etc) including in collaboration with sales team for execution through partners.
- Assess the performance of product categories in Greater China and drive portfolio management actions based on analysis.
- Help BU leaders drive business initiatives and capture opportunities in key categories.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A university degree essential, a higher education will be a plus
- Minimum 15 year's experience within global FMCG organisation
- Solid track record in Marketing within FMCG sector
- End to end marketing experience from strategy, innovation brief to activation
- Experience in digital marketing is essential
- A very strong capability of coaching and influencing others
- Strong management, team building and team development skills and experience in order to
- Effectively manage, coach and mentor and lead the Marketing team.
- Good command of English and Chinese mandarin
What's on Offer
An competitive total salary remuneration package will be offered to the right candiate. An opportunity to join in a company during the strategy transforming period. An opportunity to contribute your personal experience and marketing know-how to accelerate the business growth in the dynamic market.