- An opportunity to work within a global top MNC with excellent company culture
- An rapid business growth as well as personal career potential
About Our Client
Our client is built up over 80 years of experience, their brands are known and trusted internationally, and they strive to continuously innovate their product range to ensure their offering responds to the needs of their customers. Their vision is to be the world's preferred supplier to motor/generator industry. They aim to make their products available across all world markets through a combination of innovation and application. Their product range is unrivalled and they offer the world class application solutions to the motor industry.
This role could be base in Shanghai or Singapore, and you will directly report to the Regional Technology Head for Asia Pacific, The Motor Design Expert will drive the design of next-generation electromagnetics and motor topologies for cutting edge industrial electric motors as part of the company's innovation and growth plan.
- Design and develop electromagnetic topology for electric motors including permanent magnet, induction, and electronically commuted motors, including lamination design, winding pattern design, and materials selection
- Perform analysis, simulation, and optimization of motor electromagnetic designs using appropriate modeling or computational tools to deliver high performance, efficiency, and power density
- Continuously evaluate new technologies and validate existing designs to develop the most power dense, efficient, low cost, and reliable electric motors
- Design test plans for motors, write development test procedures and reports, execute development tests, and support the test engineering group
- Ownership of components from concept, design, testing, validation, and production release and support
- Collaborate with customers, marketing, manufacturing, other engineering functions, and suppliers to define design requirements, selection of new technology, and compliance plan for motors
- Be proficient with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power, loads, and data acquisition systems
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative by independently identifying, assessing, and recommending solutions for technical issues or opportunities
- Communicate clearly and concisely to team members and leadership
- Collaborate across the organization to increase speed of development and meet cost, performance and timeline target
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, the higher academic education will be highly preferred.
- 10+ years of motor/generator design experience, manufacturing and insulation system testing.
- Experience with the high voltage environment will be a plus
- Experience with the EV motor and Electrical rotating machines.
- Deep knowledge of insulation materials and system development
- Understanding of motor manufacturing methods and processes
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative setting
- Strong ability to rapidly research, conceptualize, prototype, and evaluate new technologies
- Understanding of motor electromagnetic numerical simulation / modeling tools
- Familiar with relevant agency standards
- Ability to travel based on the business needs.
- Six Sigma Training/Certification (GB / DFSS)
- 80/20 methodology for business
- Fluent language in English, with Chinese mandarin will be a big plus
What's on Offer
An opportunity to join in a global MNC with very strong presence in the field of the product they are providing. You will be offered the competitive salary package as well as promising career development opportunity.