- One the world's leading branded consumer manufacturers
- Team-orientated culture with long-term career progression available
About Our Client
Our client is a world-leading branded consumer product manufacturer with a strong history of developing, producing and distributing innovative solutions to shape and lead markets. The company's significant and sustainable investments lay the foundations for future success and expansion of products and market leadership.
The company attracts people who are happy to step outside of their comfort zone, excel and redefine what is possible by setting the pace through innovation and enabling outstanding achievement. They understand that behind every successful company are many great fascinating and successful people.
The company is able to offer opportunities for further career development in a team-orientated environment supported by a business that has a long-term outlook.
Diversity is a part of the company. They welcome candidates regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
The National Account Director will be driven by results and directly oversee the channel strategies, the team, goal setting and champion new initiatives. They will win, maintain and expand relationships with internal and external stakeholders at the senior level.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivers revenue and profit targets for the channels (Grocery & high street multiples and independent chains)
- Drives strategic thinking that develops mutual performance objectives, identify key projects/workstreams with clear financial targets and critical milestones for one year and 5-year plans.
- Negotiate contracts, joint business plans and product/service initiatives.
- Identifies growth opportunities in collaboration with customers and champions this within the business.
- Coordinate the involvement of cross-functional resources and multilevel resources.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the in-store and online environment, their consumers, working environment, capabilities and barriers to mutual success.
- Seek to understand what motivates direct reports; their strengths and improvement areas and how you can best support their development.
- Ensuring that best practice framework; processes and methodologies are employed consistently across the channel
- Ensuring the right people are in the right roles given their capabilities to deliver on the promise to the customer for your team
The Successful Applicant
The successful National Account Director will be driven by results, be a thought leader, entrepreneur, a true partner, commercial innovator and a collaborator with customers who seeks to improve and reinvent the way business is done. You will be an engaging, coaching and development focused leader who empowers people to focus on work that matters to drive true measurable business impact.
You will have a high performing background from a branded FMCG or Consumer business that embraces and embeds best practices to continually improve working standards across your direct and indirect teams and stakeholders. You will have directly led national account client relationships and developed channel plans that drive performance and relationships.
You will be an enthusiastic and empowering leader who can manage account teams directly and manage the managers in key channels.
You will also be seeking to continue your career progression into more senior leadership positions and work with a business that values and respects its employees.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic plus 30% bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, pension.