National Sales Director
Global Manufacturer of Industrial Products
National Sales Leader managing a team of 8 Regional Account Managers
About Our Client
Our client for the National Sales Director opportunity is a global manufacturer with global headquarters in Europe and US headquarters based in Wisconsin with a sales office in the Chicago suburbs. With multiple global manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, they are able to service a wide variety of customers in a number of industries.
- Lead sales team by onboarding, training, coaching and mentoring for performance and development
- Demonstrate role model behaviors and commercial competencies for the commercial Organization to aspire to
- Proactively facilitate the sharing of insight (market, Customer, industry) from the Team with relevant internal stakeholders to influence and shape best practice and enable delivery of business plans
- Enabling the delivery of business objectives by motivating and upskilling his/her team in line with organization competencies
- Meet sales financial objectives by realizing New Business and Repeat Business targets; forecasting requirements; assists in preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling area sales managers; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Analyzes market development to identify sales- and new product opportunities, service level changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Leads by example, engages the sales team and stimulates initiative taking.
- Drives performance by applying the appropriate leadership style, motivating team members for continuous improvement through hands-on coaching, consistent evaluations and positive feedback.
- Drives profitable growth at accounts and participate in joint calls with district sales force on a regular and consistent basis.
- Drives the sales team to sell the right product for the right application, optimizing product-mix management and customer-mix management in line with strategic growth objectives.
- Provides guidance and guidelines on segment- and transactional pricing to the sales team to maximize customer profitability.
- Works closely with S&OP to provide accurate sales forecasts to align Sales and Operations to determine and optimize inventory and service levels.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree, Mechanical OR Civil engineering is a plus
- 5 years of sales management experience in industrial sales to end users
- Strong key account management skills and proven track record defending and maintaining market share
- Ability to work under pressure, self-starter and able to motivate teams to product at high levels
- Player/Coach who thrives being in the trenches with sales team to understand customer needs and pain points
- Solution based sales and creative thinker
- Must have CRM experience, preferrably SalesForce
- Analytical and data driven
- Strong ability to work with other cross functional leaders
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills driving and growing a sales force, results driven
- Track record in developing and executing strategic sales and business plans
- Willing and able to travel 50%
What's on Offer
Total compensation (base + bonus) $175,000 - $200,000, company car, full benefits, 401K, PTO, holidays.