NED -Retail Banking -Chair of Risk
commercial retail banking experience
About Our Client
A foreign banking subsidiary
To act in accordance with the Terms of Reference of the Board of Directors.
· Providing independent judgement and advice on issues of strategy, vision, performance, resources and
standards of regulatory conduct and constructively challenge, influence and assist the Bank to develop
proposals on such strategies.
· Scrutinise the performance of the management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and monitor the
reporting of performance.
· Ensuring that the Bank's internal governance arrangements conform to best practice, regulatory and
· Ensuring that the financial controls and risk management systems are robust and defensible.
· Assisting fellow directors in setting the Banks values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its
stakeholders are understood and fairly balanced at all times.
· Promoting equality of opportunity and human rights in all aspects of the Bank's business.
· Uphold the highest standards of integrity and probity, safeguarding the good name and reputation of the
The Successful Applicant
.Understanding of the retail banking, strategy and environment including the regulatory framework
. A portfolio NED
· Experience banking and financial services -ideally from a commercial role
· An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Understands the conduct risks in the business model and strategy and how these are managed
· Strong knowledge of the banking business challenges and related risks
· Detailed understanding of UK corporate governance requirements
· Experience of management committee involvement
· Understanding of the Bank's customer and product portfolio base and key networks
What's on Offer
An influential role as a Chair of Risk in a growing bank.