Global independent oversight body
International and multicultural senior role
About Our Client
The Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB) is the global independent oversight body that seeks to improve the quality and public interest focus of the international audit and assurance, and ethics standards formulated by the International Standard Setting Boards.
- Help design and implement new nominations processes to select and appoint members to the International Audit and Assurance Standards Setting Board (IAASB) and International Ethics Standards Setting Board for Accountants (IESBA).
- Help establish and support a new independent Nominating Committee to the IAASB and IESBA.
- Ensure that nominations processes to the IAASB and IESBA are run in a global, independent, inclusive, fair and transparent manner with respect of gender, professional background and geographic diversity.
- Draft and launch a global annual Call for expressions of interest in vacancies in the IAASB and IESBA.
- Conduct intensive outreach to source candidates globally. Given the multi-stakeholder composition of the new IAASB and IESBA, outreach will include leveraging on the support of existing stakeholders:
International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
Monitoring Group members organizations (IOSCO, EC, BCBS, IAIS, FSB, IFIAR, WB), national standard setters, and other regulators.
- Advertise vacancies to the IAASB and IESBA globally in international and online media in order to ensure broad awareness of open positions and adequate sourcing of candidates.
- Develop and run transparent internal process to screen candidates, assess CVs, and support the Nominating Committee in its role to shortlist candidates. Provide full information and reporting to the Nominating committee and organize information effectively by constituency group to ensure multistakeholder composition of IAASB and IESBA.
- Manage Nominating Committee meetings (an estimated four to five meetings per year), with full reporting and accountability to this committee and to the PIOB.
- Develop and support annual evaluations of IAASB and IESBA members and Chairs.
- Facilitate the approval process of membership to the international advisory structures to the IAASB and IESBA.
- Once all the above processes are developed and implemented (one to two years), the role may be expanded to other aspects related to governance of the PIOB and/or other related structures, after an assessment of needs and availability,
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a relevant field such as business administration, public administration, accountancy, law or economics.
- Experience in running complex selection processes and reaching out to potential candidates.
- Familiarity with IAASB and IESBA stakeholder groups would be an advantage.
- Experience in complex international environments
- Strong vocation to work in the Public Interest in a non-for-profit organization.
- Minimum 10 years´ experience in relevant field.
- Ability to help implement new processes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as working language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative and inclusive personality.
- Independent thinking.
- Ability to establish priorities, comply with deadlines, and exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
What's on Offer
The chance to make a tangible contribution to the public interest focus of the international audit and assurance, and ethics standards for accountants.
Madrid based role. Flexibility to relocate in the short - term.