Work with a professional board to help deliver a major sporting world cup
Help deliver world class entertainment
About Our Client
A major global sporting event.
- To assist the board in operating in line with the organisations and sports governance
- To assist the board in being effective in discussing and setting the organisations strategic direction in delivering a world-cup
- To offer guidance, support, expertise and an objective perspective on matters relating to strategy, governance, commercial and financial affairs
- To be part of specialist sub-groups as appropriate, especially those in line with your expertise
- To play a key part in the decision-making process on strategic and governance issues
- Maintain positive relationship with external stakeholders
- To offer advice and guidance in a consultative capacity to the board and executive as required to ensure the organisation has a robust, workable and viable operational strategy that delivers a high level of performance
The Successful Applicant
You will either currently hold an existing Non-Executive Director position, or be seeking your first NED appointment, in either case you will have extensive experience and track record gained from the broadcast, digital/streaming sectors. You will be able to work with the board to deliver a global event and fulfil the organisations ambition of being the most digitally connected event of the year across broadcast and stadiums.
You will be a collaborative, hands-on professional with clear decision making skills with the ability to facilitate focused and relevant discussions. You will be able to deliver results in a complex operating environment with excellent stakeholder management experience, ideally to include the public sector.
You will have a proven track record at board-level and be familiar with corporate governance, accustomed to the principles of public sector involvement and act with the highest standards of integrity at all times.
You will have experience of setting and implementing corporate strategy with strong all round commercial acumen.
What's on Offer
Travel and expenses. Please note this is a pro bono position.