Fast growth technology organisation
Key member of the Group Board
About Our Client
SOUTHWORKS is the global systems integrator that companies turn to for their most complex, high-profile projects. With more than 400 developers working in 10 countries, SOUTHWORKS has the global presence and talent to help the biggest brands in the world accelerate their technology adoption and scale their engineering organisations.
To make everything right, SOUTHWORKS bring a unique "own it, bring it, prove it" approach to software development. It's about thinking beyond the requirements, finding the fastest way to the best outcomes and always keeping their clients in the know. It's why companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, 7-Eleven, Discovery Networks, and even the Olympic Games count on SOUTHWORKS.
SOUTHWORKS are about to embark on a period of rapid growth which will see their headcount grow to 2000 by 2022 with a focus on the EMEA region. They are partnering with PWC to look at the potential of a future listing and as part of this, there is a need to appoint a NED to provide advice and guidance to the Board as well as be part of the Audit and Renumeration committees.
SOUTHWORKS are seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director who will also be a member of the Audit and Renumerations committees. The role will be involved in setting and driving the Company's strategic direction, monitoring operational programmes and advising on governance, risk and both statutory and legislative responsibilities. This is a key role in achieving their future ambitions through promoting the highest standards of practice, quality and governance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Form a close working relationship with the executive leadership team.
- Bring proven PLC NED experience to the Board, including governance, audit, controls, budgeting and reporting
- Stakeholder management with all key partners internally and externally,
- Being an ambassador for SOUTHWORKS
- Provide support, guidance, advice and corporate governance to the Board
- Be an independent sounding board to the CEO and leadership team.
- Work with the Board to set the strategy, vision, values and standards
- Ensure that the necessary resources are in place for SOUTHWORKS to meet its objectives and review executive performance
- Create a framework of prudent and effective controls enabling risk to be assessed and managed
- Constructively challenge Board decision making from a neutral and independent perspective
The Successful Applicant
As an experienced NED, the ideal candidate will have strong influencing skills and the ability to hold others to account. More importantly they will be or have been a Board member within an international, European or global setting, ideally gained in a technology or services environment. Evidence of supporting an organisation through a period of significant change and growth would be a distinct advantage.
- Governance, strategic analysis, decision making, risk and performance management skills.
- Ideally experience of liaising with banks and investors in terms of Audit, Corporate Finance, Refinancing & Debt Management, credible with financial institutions
- The ability to adapt to address challenges as they arise and provide solutions
- An experienced leader with gravitas, able to communicate and influence different groups of complex stakeholders
- High levels of energy, commitment and enthusiasm
- Proven analytical skills and commercial acumen
The successful candidate will need to commit to 12 half day Board Meetings and quarterly committee meetings a year, held virtually and up to 10 days for other activities / commitments as required.
What's on Offer
Fees are flexible depending upon background and experience.